Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Question about lounge

Happy new year all- newbie to the EK forum having flown EK 11 years ago.
We are flying in August and our return we have splurged on business from Male back through to Manchester. We have 2hrs 20 mins stop although I would imagine this to get down to around 1hr 30 in the lounge?! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this limited timings or know how far the gates for the two flights will be that kind of thing.
is there a must do in the lounge and how/ where will I find it?

thanks
Natalie
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:15 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Tilly1622
Happy new year all- newbie to the EK forum having flown EK 11 years ago.
We are flying in August and our return we have splurged on business from Male back through to Manchester. We have 2hrs 20 mins stop although I would imagine this to get down to around 1hr 30 in the lounge?! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this limited timings or know how far the gates for the two flights will be that kind of thing.
is there a must do in the lounge and how/ where will I find it?

thanks
Natalie
Hi Natalie, welcome to the EK forum!

It's a bit difficult to answer your question as there is no way to predict where your Male flight will arrive or where the Manchester one will depart from. All Emirates flights will leave from 'terminal 3', which on the airside consists of 3 'concourses', A, B and C. You can arrive / depart at / from any of these three. After arrival, you will go through 'transfer security' (when flying in business class there is a fast track for that) then you look up the departure gate on any of the numerous displays and make your way to the correct concourse. There is a business class lounge in each concourse and although you are entitled to use any of these, I would strongly suggest you go to the one in the concourse you depart from, especially considering a shortish transfer.. Signage is excellent and it is all very easy (in spite of DXB being a very large and busy airport). Each lounge has several eating / drinking options. Enjoy!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
To add to the above, I am not sure on the arrival times from MLE but the timings will determine how busy the lounge will be. The lounges sizes vary across the different concourses but they can all get really busy at peak times. A lot on here advise on eating in the lounge to skip the food onboard, however, if it is your first flight in J I am guessing you will be trying everything anyway.

I am not sure on your expectations and maybe I am just a grumpy traveller now but in essence a lounge is a room, with some chairs a bit of food and some booze. There are toilets and showers which again can be really busy or quiet depending on the time you are there. To put in bluntly, I would not worry too much if you do not get much time in there!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, IHG Diamond and Ambassador
What about F?

As Natalie asked above about the lounge, how would the answer be if she were in First.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by big69bob
As Natalie asked above about the lounge, how would the answer be if she were in First.
Same answers. There are F Lounges in each concourse.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: Plat
There are 3 lounges in T3 - You can pre-book a massage by emailing the Spa. (There are 2 Spas in Concourse A and Concourse B)

It doesn't take more than 35m to get from the furthest points ( Concourse A to Concourse C or Concourse B ) - With 2.5 hours, you have enough time to experience the lounge for 30m - 1hr.

If you are departing from Gate C, I recommend going to the Lounge in Concourse B and leaving 20m early to get to Gate C.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by wo0t
There are 3 lounges in T3 - You can pre-book a massage by emailing the Spa. (There are 2 Spas in Concourse A and Concourse B)

It doesn't take more than 35m to get from the furthest points ( Concourse A to Concourse C or Concourse B ) - With 2.5 hours, you have enough time to experience the lounge for 30m - 1hr.

If you are departing from Gate C, I recommend going to the Lounge in Concourse B and leaving 20m early to get to Gate C.
In T3, there are 7 EK lounges, 3 x F and 4 x J as there are 2 x J in C.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Are they all open 24hrs? I have a few hours to kill from midnight to the wee hours and I am hoping they won’t kick me out. Flying in J.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Are they all open 24hrs?
Yes.
Finkface likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Plat
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I was only referring to First class lounges! and they are open 24 hours.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.