Search

Compensation Ticket Q's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Compensation Ticket Q's

Hi all,

I have a compensation ticket that I was given when denied boarding last month. I had a couple of questions around the ticket that I couldn't find on the website:

1. The ticket is flexible, but does it book in Flex Plus for the purposes of upgrading with miles, or does this depend on the original fare type?
2. Can you upgrade the ticket with cash instead of miles? Would you be eligible to earn Skywards miles in this case?

Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by skysurf
Hi all,

I have a compensation ticket that I was given when denied boarding last month. I had a couple of questions around the ticket that I couldn't find on the website:

1. The ticket is flexible, but does it book in Flex Plus for the purposes of upgrading with miles, or does this depend on the original fare type?
2. Can you upgrade the ticket with cash instead of miles? Would you be eligible to earn Skywards miles in this case?

Thanks
If economy regardless of original fare type for which it was given, it books into W class.
My printed ticket conditions(I'm holding 2 of these) state its NOT upgradeable.

But of course you can try!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.