Through Upgrade

Old Nov 22, 19, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Through Upgrade

Hi all,

Quick question - I’m flying DUB DXB SYD 9/12/19 as
Skywards Silver on Economy Flex Plus tkt. DUB DXB SYD is not avail for mileage upgrade (61,500)
DXB SYD however was so Ive upgraded using 54,000miles DXB SYD.

If DUB DXB becomes available do I have to pay 30,000 or can I ask that it be considered a “through upgrade” and receive upgrade for lower amount of total points.

Also - what are people’s experiences of upgrades at DUB cash promo or OLCI offers on Econ Flex Plus?
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:59 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Paul Stanton View Post
Hi all,

Quick question - I’m flying DUB DXB SYD 9/12/19 as
Skywards Silver on Economy Flex Plus tkt. DUB DXB SYD is not avail for mileage upgrade (61,500)
DXB SYD however was so Ive upgraded using 54,000miles DXB SYD.

If DUB DXB becomes available do I have to pay 30,000 or can I ask that it be considered a “through upgrade” and receive upgrade for lower amount of total points.

Also - what are people’s experiences of upgrades at DUB cash promo or OLCI offers on Econ Flex Plus?

In the past I have called them and they quickly downgrade your first upgrade and then upgrade the whole trip as a single upgrade ( and you can save points)

Not sure if they still do it..
Old Nov 22, 19, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for quick reply!
Old Nov 22, 19, 3:14 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
In the past I have called them and they quickly downgrade your first upgrade and then upgrade the whole trip as a single upgrade ( and you can save points)

Not sure if they still do it..
Yes, they still do it. But (just to emphasise): you HAVE to do the second upgrade though the call centre, they won’t retrospectively refund miles if you did it as two separate on-line upgrades.
And because of that, it will also not work if your second upgrade is a ‘space available’ one at check in, in the lounge or on board.
Paul Stanton and Tanzguy like this.
Old Nov 25, 19, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Flight became available today and I called reservations who processed through upgrade DUB DXB SYD 62,500
Zol likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: