Wiki Posts
Search

Karachi turnaround

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Karachi turnaround

Is it possible to fly DXB-KHI and then return on the same plane KHI-DXB without having to go through immigration?
This would be on two separate tickets.
Would I need a Pakistan Visa for check in procedure in Dubai (even if flying back on the same plane and not planning to go through immigration)?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I suspect you wouldn't be able to do it and have to leave the plane and go check in again. If that's the case you will need a PK visa in my opinion. Also what about your boarding card - that too, would be issued upon check in at the KHI side.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Skywards
Deffo would need to clear immigration and re-checkin.

visa rules have relaxed recently so you could get visa on arrival if you are one of the listed countries.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
that would mean I would have to wait for the next flight . I can’t imagine that there is enough time to go to immigration to enter Pakistan , get the boarding pass , and go through immigration out of Pakistan and catch the same flight ...
i was hoping that EK can print the boarding pass in DXB directly and I just get out of the plane and back to boarding .
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:42 pm

Would only be possible if you can get EK to issue you a boarding card for the return in DXB which is unlikely. You can either visa on arrival or I do recall a transit area but unsure where it went or if it was active. You would essentially need to get someone to get you through and back round the other side. If your already given boading card your in a possability to make it. Not sure what you would want to do a turn around for, security would certainly be intrested.

Happy travels!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Reason being some cheap premium ticket originating there.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:23 pm

Regardless of your stated intent I would suspect check in would require you to show you CAN legally enter Pakistan.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by suley
Would only be possible if you can get EK to issue you a boarding card for the return in DXB which is unlikely. You can either visa on arrival or I do recall a transit area but unsure where it went or if it was active. You would essentially need to get someone to get you through and back round the other side. If your already given boading card your in a possability to make it. Not sure what you would want to do a turn around for, security would certainly be intrested.

Happy travels!
You can do an online check in for KHI and print (mobile BP doesn’t work) the BP yourself, so that is not the issue. But as others have pointed out, they will do a document check when departing DXB, so you would still be stuck with getting an online/on arrival visa.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
You can do the KHI turnaround without clearing immigration, however, you will still need to have the correct documentation when you board the plane at DXB otherwise the agent won't let you through with "I'm doing a turnaround" excuse.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Gringuito
Reason being some cheap premium ticket originating there.
Did you end up going ahead with the KHI turnaround? If so;
- Did you obtain a visa prior to travelling?
- Any issues faced at check-in?
- Was it an easy process upon arrival into KHI?
- Anything else worth noting?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
you should ask skywardsfreak , she does that exact DXB-KHI turnaround.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I would say you’ll need a visa (if you need one)at a minimum else you may be denied boarding in Dxb.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Zol
You can do the KHI turnaround without clearing immigration, however, you will still need to have the correct documentation when you board the plane at DXB otherwise the agent won't let you through with "I'm doing a turnaround" excuse.
Have you done the turnaround without clearing immigration, on separate tickets (i.e. not a connecting flight)? I'm considering CMB-KHI one one ticket and KHI-CMB on another (UL - Sri Lankan); arrival is 320pm and departure 605pm. If I don't need to clear immigration, I'm pretty sure that is plenty of time but if I do need to, then it might be a bit tight. If you have specific experience, can you share?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
you should ask skywardsfreak , she does that exact DXB-KHI turnaround.
I had a chat with her yesterday - seems to be pretty straight forward from her accounts.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:47 pm

There multiple DXB-KHI flights daily - just pick a flight leaving a few hours earlier so you can check in normally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.