Search

BKK-DXB-JFK or BKK-DXB-BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, AerClub Silver
BKK-DXB-JFK or BKK-DXB-BOS?

Hi there,

I bought a Y Flex Plus BKK-DXB-JFK ticket for later this month (20th-21st) in the hopes that I'll be able to upgrade to J with Skywards Miles.

Auto-Upgrade is set but nothing so far. I noticed on ExpertFlyer that there's no J availability on EK201 or EK203 to JFK so not looking good for my miles upgrade.

My question is do you think I'd be better off changing my reservation to BKK-DXB-BOS or BKK-DXB-YYZ? I'll be travelling onward to Montreal so NYC, BOS, or YYZ all work equally well.

EK237 (DXB-BOS) & EK241 (DXB-YYZ) both currently show 7 seats available in J for my dates. Would anyone know which of the options is more likely to be open to a miles upgrade?

Bottom line is that I'd like to be in J on the A380 for the long flight.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Impossible to tell at this stage ... but JFK seems busy according to you and YYZ is often busy given only a few flights a week. Maybe BOS then?

Since your ticket is Flex Plus and can easily switch flights with no penalties (fare differences aside) I would keep your auto upgrade and set up alerts on EF for each of the flights and then jump on it if something opens.

NB: 7 available seats is the most that the system shows for J buckets (even if there are 40 seats available). It's max F4, J7, Y9.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Hi
Go with Boston. Flown thrice in business and the loads are like 50%
so you have a better chance to upgrade. Good luck and safe travels
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Not that I think this is indicative of future availability/trends but I had expertflyer upgrades set up for about a month in june for BOS/JFK/EWR/IAD-DXB and I got alerts for all but JFK so I would go with BOS too as the flight was def not full in J so even chances of same day upgrade are better. I've been told once I could not upgrade J to F from DXB-JFK as it was completely full.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, AerClub Silver
Thanks a million folks. Just changed to BOS as there was negligible fare difference. Fingers crossed for J upgrade availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.