Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EU compensation help - force majeur?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU compensation help - force majeur?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Good luck trying to get EK to compensate on EU261. I eventually gave up trying after 6 months back and forward with them, on a genuine claim which they couldnt really get out of paying
I was flying out end of March LGW-DXB and the flight was delayed 4hrs 15min. Got compensated within 2 weeks (EUR515)- and was overly surprised as that night before was severe weather in DXB (thunderstorms) so thought they will bail out w/ respect to weather.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If this was actually a case where a pilot was taken ill, the I can sort of understand EKs position. Are they supposed to have backup pilots at every outstation?
That is the risk of running a transportation company. EK may make a business decision how to deal with sick calls at the outstation. But that is not of any concern to the passenger. He paid the ticket and expects a transportation from point A to point B within the scheduled time.
If the EK business decision turns out to cause a delay of more than 3 hours -> then EK has to pay the price.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
To be fair to EK, they get a lot of stick from not paying up but my only experience has been positive.

Issue on an EK flight departing GLA, needed a new engine so flight was cancelled. Emailed regarding the issue (also mentioning having despite being booked on the following day, got a phone call from an agent in MAN later that night asking were we in a taxi as the plane was due to depart?

The reply apologised for the delay and asked for bank details to give us the EU compensation.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
I am not an expert . . . . .
You should just have stopped there.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Are an expert?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.