Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK F product

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

EK F product

This is not EK vs QR vs EY. Just an afterthought as I have just flown with QR for the first time and have to say I don't understand all the hype around their product.

EK F as a whole from a decade ago would still be ahead of QR (and of course EY).

The only two aspects that EY has an edge over the others: the A380 F seat and the onboard chef.
QR is no where near EK. Probably their lounges at DOH have a slight edge in terms of space, comfort (but you know it's very quiet these days any way).

EK has it all on all other aspects (QR J seat on the newer aircraft is an exception). EK service in J is several ticks ahead of QR whose CEO often claims that QR J being on par or better than other airlines F.

Next time I travel out of Australia it would have be EK F (or EY F if the timings fit - EY dropped their second A380 service from SYD route).
pierreza and aceboy44 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've not done QR F, but QR J beats EK J IMO.

The problem QR have is that their J is so good, their F would have to be unbelievable
Stephenk82 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
What did you like so much about it? Was it on A380 or new 777 F?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theboss7593
What did you like so much about it? Was it on A380 or new 777 F?
Until about 2 years ago I have flown EK F too many times.

I wasn't saying EK F is perfect, in fact their product has flaws in almost all areas.

What makes their product above and beyond others is that EK offers it to so many destinations, provides decent schedules and consistent (very) product delivery.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Until about 2 years ago I have flown EK F too many times.

I wasn't saying EK F is perfect, in fact their product has flaws in almost all areas.

What makes their product above and beyond others is that EK offers it to so many destinations, provides decent schedules and consistent (very) product delivery.
I wasn't insisting you were. Just trying to get a feel for it... Taking my first EK J and hopefully upgradeable to F in Aug....
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It is simply laughable to suggest that EK J is superior to QR J, whatever way one wishes to compare them @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.