Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Time Query

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Minimum Connection Time Query

This is still just a hypothetical question at this stage.

I have an award booking on EK (booked via QF). When I booked it, there was a 1h55m connection time in DXB. I've received an email to say a flight time has changed and it's down to 1h50m. The flights are still ages away, so it could easily change back, or even extend longer, so I'm not worried about it.

I just wondered what would happen in the event that my flights were less than MCT appart. Is it up to me to spot that if it happens and contact QF? Or would EK identify it if the flight times did change?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by weegraeme
This is still just a hypothetical question at this stage.

I have an award booking on EK (booked via QF). When I booked it, there was a 1h55m connection time in DXB. I've received an email to say a flight time has changed and it's down to 1h50m. The flights are still ages away, so it could easily change back, or even extend longer, so I'm not worried about it.

I just wondered what would happen in the event that my flights were less than MCT appart. Is it up to me to spot that if it happens and contact QF? Or would EK identify it if the flight times did change?
As QF is effectively your TA they'd have to rebook you I believe. That being said that's miles above MCT. 60 min Connections are possible (though tight if unlucky). The official MCT is 75 minutes (and I've made such connections)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
As QF is effectively your TA they'd have to rebook you I believe. That being said that's miles above MCT. 60 min Connections are possible (though tight if unlucky). The official MCT is 75 minutes (and I've made such connections)
Will QF/EK generally pick up that the booking no longer complies with MCT? Or is that something I should monitor and be proactive about?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by weegraeme
Will QF/EK generally pick up that the booking no longer complies with MCT? Or is that something I should monitor and be proactive about?
Ek usually would but they won't be very creative in their rebooking, just pushing you to the next connecting flight. No idea how QF handles EK awards
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:08 am

Not exactly the same, but I've been booked on an itinerary which broke the MCT rule (it's now 1 hour for EK to EK at DXB I think). The first obstacle in my case was at check in when the system wouldn't accept my luggage without Supervisor intervention. I'm not sure if it would have been flagged up elsewhere under different circumstances.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Not exactly the same, but I've been booked on an itinerary which broke the MCT rule (it's now 1 hour for EK to EK at DXB I think). The first obstacle in my case was at check in when the system wouldn't accept my luggage without Supervisor intervention. I'm not sure if it would have been flagged up elsewhere under different circumstances.
EF says 75 mins. I also thought it was 60
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:54 am

MCT is 60 mins, I had a connection earlier in the year at 75 min's turn around if everything was to schedule. We set off slightly late from LHR and DXB had its usuall morning traffic, we landed and had aprox 50 mins to make the connection. I was no problem, wife was were going to miss our connection!

Did see after security some EK staff looking lost with Boards my connecting flight but seemed no effort was being made to shout or otherwise. I continued on as I wanted to grab a drink before connecting. Ended up at the gate which said closed but they were still boading. I hope it helps. I guess the individual may have looked to either direct us to the gate individually/as a group or I guess possibly move us on to the next flight?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by suley
MCT is 60 mins, I had a connection earlier in the year at 75 min's turn around if everything was to schedule. We set off slightly late from LHR and DXB had its usuall morning traffic, we landed and had aprox 50 mins to make the connection. I was no problem, wife was were going to miss our connection!

Did see after security some EK staff looking lost with Boards my connecting flight but seemed no effort was being made to shout or otherwise. I continued on as I wanted to grab a drink before connecting. Ended up at the gate which said closed but they were still boading. I hope it helps. I guess the individual may have looked to either direct us to the gate individually/as a group or I guess possibly move us on to the next flight?
EF says 75 mins:​STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.15
OFFLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.15

There are a bunch of other MCTs for specific flight numbers but mostly FZ Codeshare and a lot of them are suppressed (MCT not published)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Mine is EK433 onto EK25. But it's all hypothetical yet. They could just as easily move the flights further apart between now and when I fly. I just wanted an idea of whether they'd monitor it, which you've given me.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
EF says 75 mins:​STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.15
OFFLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.15

There are a bunch of other MCTs for specific flight numbers but mostly FZ Codeshare and a lot of them are suppressed (MCT not published)
Intresting see EK002 connecting to EK801, 60 mins is the offical connecting time. Either way the OP should be able to make it
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by suley
Intresting see EK002 connecting to EK801, 60 mins is the offical connecting time. Either way the OP should be able to make it
Yeah it's a mess, lot of different specific MCTs for certain combinations, a few are 60 mins, some are longer (mainly terminal change ones). I supect some of the 60 mins ones are because EK wants pax to connect on those two flights but can't adjust the flight timings to make it work with 75 mins, e.g with EK002 LHR slots are too spcific perhaps to change even by 15 mins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.