Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2018 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Originally Posted by anFelipe
After faithfully reading the Emirates Skywards forum daily for over a year I finally found something worth posting. I recently joined in order to post this. Whether it fits better here or in the 2017 Routes thread I don't know, either way, since I live in Mozambique I found this bit of local news very hopeful. The local site entitled "Club of Mozambique" ran an article last week entitled "Emirates eyes Mozambique route" saying that Emirates is considering flights to Mozambique in conjunction with LAM, the national airline. (I would post the link here but it is my first post so I am not allowed to post links until I have 5 posts.) The article doesnt state directly which city but I assume Maputo (MPM) is the only location they would consider. I live in the northern part of the country far away from MPM so I normally fly out of JNB (exclusively in Y). However, with this development (and now that FastJet has started domestic flights that will hopefully create competition with LAM) I might just switch to Emirates out of MPM.

To those of you who post regularly on this site. Thank you. I have learned a lot from you over the last year. Keep up the good work.
Welcome, here's the link http://clubofmozambique.com/news/emirates-eyes-mozambique-route/
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Nice and early this year

Hoping for a 3rd daily AMS, morning flight.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
- Better upgrade availability from a fair enough time frame , I'm kinda getting sick having to run around the airport asking if space is available for upgrade using miles. Just rather let me know 96hr before hand , like the good old days

- Removing "light bites" from at least the CPT flights , and highly considering JNB as well. ( Ex-South Africa issues )
thijsseh and Seat54 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
- Better upgrade availability from a fair enough time frame , I'm kinda getting sick having to run around the airport asking if space is available for upgrade using miles. Just rather let me know 96hr before hand , like the good old days

- Removing "light bites" from at least the CPT flights , and highly considering JNB as well. ( Ex-South Africa issues )
The curried egg roll is quite nice. The cheese roll wasn't.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The curried egg roll is quite nice. The cheese roll wasn't.
I wouldn't know as i have got to the point of declining now as can't be bothered eating something of such poor quality in terms of EK standard. Instead i now binge in the lounge on arrival ...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I wouldn't know as i have got to the point of declining now as can't be bothered eating something of such poor quality in terms of EK standard. Instead i now binge in the lounge on arrival ...
I suggest that you binge Haagen Dasz, Voss and Moet
pokeable and Flame3601 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DatBoi
I suggest that you binge Haagen Dasz, Voss and Moet
Voss and Moet Rose is pretty much all I eat at the DXB J lounge as well!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 9:54 am

You know, I dont think I have ever had a light bites on EK - are they any good?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You know, I dont think I have ever had a light bites on EK - are they any good?
No. Sandwich and a rock hard brownie. Curried egg roll worth eating at least but otherwise terrible, and no choice, only one option.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No. Sandwich and a rock hard brownie. Curried egg roll worth eating at least but otherwise terrible, and no choice, only one option.
Agreed , J light bite service is also a massive gamble.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I've found the light bite service to be one of my favorites if I'm awake for it DXB-SFO/LAX v/v, usually have a steak sandwich or pie of some kind at the bar, goes well with whatever Bordeaux they have. Sometimes I just eat a big breakfast (eggs and Moet Rose!) at the lounge, skip onboard breakfast and the light bite is my first onboard meal. Daytime flights are a big gamble though because they don't cater light bites 100% so if you have a hungry bunch you might not get anything.

One day, I will remember to steal a Y light bite (emirates veg pizza) because there's something deeply satisfying about pizza at altitude. Must be the melty cheese - it reminds me of frozen pizza they'd serve in my elementary school cafeteria (and very well could be the same stuff).
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Hoping for the return of the second SEA and second LAX. I'll take SEA over LAX though since my home city is now HNL.

On second thought, SEA is 77W, and the noise is deafening. I'll take an upgauge of SEA to A380 or a second A380 LAX

Last edited by Metanoia; Nov 18, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
The one in F isn't usually too bad

And then there's obviously always the option of having yet another plate of caviar and glass (or bottle...) of Dom
thijsseh and Flame3601 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by pokeable
Voss and Moet Rose is pretty much all I eat at the DXB J lounge as well!
I wish they had VOSS and Haagen Dazs in the EY J lounge
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:51 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Still waiting for the A380 on the GLA route 🤞
chris1922Mk2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.