Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Booking Flex Plus ticket but INTENTIONALLY missing your flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Flex Plus ticket but INTENTIONALLY missing your flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Question Booking Flex Plus ticket but INTENTIONALLY missing your flight?

I was curious. What happens if someone booked a Flex Plus ticket, transit in Dubai, and rather than going to the gate he decided to ignore the flight to enjoy more time at the lounge? Will Emirates book him on the next flight free of charge? (seeing as this is a flex plus ticket, despite using the first boarding pass to transit in Dubai) Or will the passenger be penalized for missing the flight to enjoy his lounge experience?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
There won't be a change fee but there will possibly be a no-show fee and there could also very likely be a fare difference. Why not just book a longer connection, or change the onward flight while you're in the lounge rather than miss it?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There won't be a change fee but there will possibly be a no-show fee and there could also very likely be a fare difference. Why not just book a longer connection, or change the onward flight while you're in the lounge rather than miss it?
I didn't know that was possible. Thanks for the tip
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:13 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Would one be travelling with hold luggage? You should take this into consideration too as this would delay 300+ passengers whilst the ground crew find and offload the baggage unless of course you changed your onward flight whilst in the lounge.

Also worth considering that once any extra fare or penalties were sorted out, the next flight with available seats may not be the next flight to the destination.

As good as the EK DXB lounges are, I really don’t think they are worth missing a flight on purpose for.

S
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Why not just book a longer connection, or change the onward flight while you're in the lounge rather than miss it?
It's a long drive from the lounge to the Kuwait ticket office to get re-ticketed. And there might be parking fees.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, m3red and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Would one be travelling with hold luggage? You should take this into consideration too as this would delay 300+ passengers whilst the ground crew find and offload the baggage unless of course you changed your onward flight whilst in the lounge.

Also worth considering that once any extra fare or penalties were sorted out, the next flight with available seats may not be the next flight to the destination.

As good as the EK DXB lounges are, I really don’t think they are worth missing a flight on purpose for.

S
Given that the poster is aceboy44, it's safe to say that 300 other people's schedules are less important than his lounge time
GFrye, cheyru, Webogirl and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Perhaps it is his birthday and he expecting a cake in the lounge-or needs time to visit all the lounge rest rooms and check on the lotions?
SS
Webogirl, GFrye and cheyru like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I was curious. What happens if someone booked a Flex Plus ticket, transit in Dubai, and rather than going to the gate he decided to ignore the flight to enjoy more time at the lounge? Will Emirates book him on the next flight free of charge? (seeing as this is a flex plus ticket, despite using the first boarding pass to transit in Dubai) Or will the passenger be penalized for missing the flight to enjoy his lounge experience?
Book a longer layover. Your statement makes no sense, you’ll be charged a no show fee and rebooked onto the next flight.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red

Book a longer layover. Your statement makes no sense, you’ll be charged a no show fee and rebooked onto the next flight.

My transit is less than 2 hours, so I will not have enough time to enjoy the lounge. The next flight is like 6 hours out (transit will be like 8 hours!) and to upgrade to first class lounge I can not sit there for more than 4 hours

Do you remember once I intentionally spent 12 hours exclusively in the first class lounge? It was a memorable experience for me

I want to go through the same experience again, but don't know what the best option is

Last edited by aceboy44; Oct 22, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aceboy44
My transit is less than 2 hours, so I will not have enough time to enjoy the lounge. The next flight is like 6 hours out (transit will be like 8 hours!) and to upgrade to first class lounge I can not sit there for more than 4 hours

Do you remember once I intentionally spent 12 hours exclusively in the first class lounge? It was a memorable experience for me

I want to go through the same experience again, but don't know what the best option is
Most of us just remember when you were denied lounge access to get hand lotion and promised to never fly Emirates again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.