Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

A380 First class: Pros and Cons I haven't seen being talked about

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First class: Pros and Cons I haven't seen being talked about

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
this summer on my flight to Singapore, there was a group of elderly Asian’s all sitting at the seats at the bar wearing F pj’s and drinking dom, also they were selfie crazy, and were getting the full Polaroid treatment too. Was quite amusing to watch.
I thought that Polaroid was for kids only ...
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Nope
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by ioto1902
embarrassed to say me and the wife have been victims of the Polaroid and head scarf a few years back, hands down refuse nowadays, 😂
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I always change into my F jimjams when I travel in J - I can be a messy eater and drinker.
The FA's always smile and comment.especially as I'm normally on two class flight.
SS
ukdoctor and Will08 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
Hate to say this, but I generally change into pajamas immediately upon boarding the aircraft. But, then again, I always change into 'non-street' clothes as soon as I get home for the day, as well. Who wants to lounge around in one's seat fully dressed when one can be truly comfortable. After dinner (I am not particularly messy but after 2-3 glasses of Dom, I've been known to drop a bean or two on my lap) it's about 2 hours into a flight. If there's an expectation that I get dressed to go back to chat and enjoy myself at the J bar, I am afraid I'll disappoint! I go back, with the Paradis meeting me there, have a good time, and stagger back (not really) to my seat (or the one across), watch a film, and then climb into bed. That's the routine that I like - not to impress (I'll never see any of them again) but as
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Are we confusing (mini)bars here?

The 'small bar' at the front where the Hennesey Paradis is? Or the minibar in the suite (and in the 388 J seat and these day in the refurbished 77W J seats)? Those are useless in my opinion as they are not chilled. Lukewarm water or juice? No thanks!
Yeah sorry, I was referring to the 'small bar' at the front. I agree re the minibar in the suite. In all the times I have flown F I have never used it until 13 September when I gulped down all the water I could find due to dehydration from taking too many Imodium in Ethiopia to stave off the squirts!!
ukdoctor, m3red and Bouncingsouls like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.