Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by salut0
And who exactly is Vanilla Ice?
Do you have the Internet?

LMGTFY
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Seems rather serious, last week BA crew donned gas masks on a flight to Nice..new threat in the sky?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:28 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ashkale
Seems rather serious, last week BA crew donned gas masks on a flight to Nice..new threat in the sky?
And a jet2 flight to LBA a few days ago. I'd wager the causes will all turn out to be different
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

and who exactly is vanilla ice?
ice ice baby!..
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I actually liked the first two seasons of Vainlla Ice's house-flipping reality show. He knows his market well.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Do you have the Internet?

LMGTFY
I knew someone was going to do that. Fitting that it’s a poster whose screen name is DYKWIA :-)
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I would think there usually is an incubation period for a cold/ virus??? I mean I'm sure more people may end up sick in the coming days .....

However, the article posted makes it sound like people got sick on the plane? Surely, in most cases it takes more than 14 hours to get sick?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
Interesting how UA's statement at the time was quite similar to EK's:
“After arriving at Newark Airport from Brussels, medical personnel met a United flight to assist an ill passenger on board. Passengers and crew will stay on the plane until the medical personnel clear the aircraft,” the airline stated
I had a similar experience (no quarantine!) around that time, BRU-ORD on UA where a girl traveling from Africa felt sick on the plane. BRU is a rather large hub for flights to Africa since SN has a good business going.

Anyway we arrived at ORD and doors didn't open, all FA's remained sitting (and you know something is actually wrong when FA's look worried or don't know what to do). I jokingly said to my seatmate "let's see some hazmat suits" and of course a couple of minutes later the captain came on the speakers and explained that we had a sick passenger on board. CDC officials came on board and visited the passenger, and found out that the poor girl was allergic to mayonnaise and she ate a sandwich with that. Nonetheless we were all given a yellow form where we were asked to write our contact information, and nobody was allowed to leave the plane without giving this form to the CDC officials at the door. I was in J so it didn't take me long, I'm sure the last passenger in Y left the plane a lot later than I did.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:07 am

And who exactly is Vanilla Ice?
Ignore others. She's the inventor of modern day Vanilla Ice cream as you see in stores today.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by gernabae
I think the best case scenario here would have been the catering. A MERS outbreak or concerns will certainly be much more troublesome.
Given that the sick count is now 7 crew and 3 pax, it's unlikely it's MERS as the crew couldn't come down with it so fast.

So it could be a stomach bug or similar passed from the pax to the crew. Could be catering, but one would think that a greater number would be affected then.

Not sure if they can operate an A380 with 7 missing crew.

EK 204 on Thu Sep 6 is currently listed as having a 3.5 hours delay, so maybe they got cleared by medical or they sent some additional crew over to operate that crew's return flight today (they would need some time to rest a bit on arrival,even as deadheads I suppose).
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:53 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by extramileage
Given that the sick count is now 7 crew and 3 pax, it's unlikely it's MERS as the crew couldn't come down with it so fast.

So it could be a stomach bug or similar passed from the pax to the crew. Could be catering, but one would think that a greater number would be affected then.

Not sure if they can operate an A380 with 7 missing crew.

EK 204 on Thu Sep 6 is currently listed as having a 3.5 hours delay, so maybe they got cleared by medical or they sent some additional crew over to operate that crew's return flight today (they would need some time to rest a bit on arrival,even as deadheads I suppose).
Oddly, tonight’s EK 202 (23:00 sept on thu sept 6) is also delayed about 3.5 hours to 02:40am.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:30 pm
Suspended

There is certainly something more to
this..
CDC Investigating After Multiple Passengers Fall Ill On Separate International Flights Coming Into Philadelphia International Airport...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ashkale
There is certainly something more to
this..
CDC Investigating After Multiple Passengers Fall Ill On Separate International Flights Coming Into Philadelphia International Airport...
No confirmation the incidents are connected but here’s the discussion of the PHL flights: Sick passengers on 9/6 AA CDG-PHL and MUC-PHL
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Seems likel there is afterall a common connection..
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Any info on what the cause of the illness was? Have an Emirates flight coming up, and the lack of info on this is somewhat concerning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.