Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Issues with changes to TA-issued ticket (A class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:02 am
Original Poster

I am new to EK and was hoping I could get some advice from the regulars here. I have a XXX-DXB-YYY return ticket in First Saver (A) booked through a TA. I need to change the departure airport, which would increase the ticket cost but only marginally (around EUR 700 extra). When checking the new itinerary online, A class is wide open (A4) on all sectors. However, when the TA attempts to do the change and reprice the ticket, they are telling me that EK is not allowing A class on the return flights (which weirdly enough are the ones that are not changing) and is pushing those into F. So, they are ending up with an overall ticket cost that is almost $2,500 higher than what it would be if we were buying a new ticket (no problem getting all sectors in A if buying from scratch rather than changing it).

An apparently easy solution would be to cancel and rebook, since the change or cancel fee is exactly the same (and the TA can easily see/book the new itinerary if done from scratch). However, there is a client account involved and chasing the refund + re-authorising the new charges would take ages, so not a solution I’d want to go for.

Has anyone had similar issues when processing changes and being unable to rebook in fare buckets that are otherwise clearly available? Any workaround known out there?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
How are you seeing A available? EK usw mareied segment Logic, so Just because XXX-DXB and DXB-YYY have A available individually doesn't mean that there is A for XXX-YYY.

Generally the TA should be able to open the PNR, remove and add segments and then reprice it, but the change in departure city means the fare basis is probably different which is why this isn't working.

Ask the TA to cancel and rebook, but hold the credit from the cancellation, not refund it, and only bill you the difference+cancellation fee
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the informative reply skywardhunter

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
How are you seeing A available?
I see A availability both on expertflyer (using YYY-DXB(as transit point)-XXX) as well as when pricing up the entire itinerary on EK’s website.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Ask the TA to cancel and rebook, but hold the credit from the cancellation, not refund it, and only bill you the difference+cancellation fee
Excellent advice, thanks. This might be the easiest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.