Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Poor First Class Experience With Emirates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poor First Class Experience With Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
At least we haven't got a useless, waste of space of a leader though. Oh....
We’re getting a little off topic, but no offence, Theresa May is not exactly a gem.

With all due respect you can knock Trump all you want, but the fact is America’s economy is at its highest stock market ever. Unemployment is at its lowest. Unemployment among minorities is at it’s all time lowest. He’s gotten North Korea to stop holding the world hostage. You can hate Trump all you want, but actions speak for themselves.

Back on what we’re talking about, I just took a LHR-PHX flight in BA F and could not believe how bad the in-flight service and seats were. The FA’s were really nice, but the food for a 10+ hour flight was so bad. I woke up over northern canada and they had no food to serve and no snacks. I couldn’t believe it. I would’ve rather taken a mainland Chinese carrier in J at a 2x2x2 configuration. Everything was better, specifically I’m talking about Hainan. Yet Brits continue to defend BA like it’s some unique exquisite experience. It’s not and I could never wrap my head around why Brits take criticism of their airline so personal.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Sep 5, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Folks

Gentle reminder. Please stay on topic otherwise the feather duster shall be deployed.

Think about what you are posting and if it’s appropriate for the forum. If you’re unsure then please remind yourself of the forum rules.

Thanks

Saltire74
​​​​​​​EK Forum Moderator

Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
We’re getting a little off topic, but no offence, Theresa May is not exactly a gem.
That was exactly my point... I'd forgotten British humour doesn't travel well

​​​​
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:19 am

Also, surprising to see BA bashing going on in Emirates forum. BA forum reached its quota of posts so now people using Emirates forum ?

Last edited by Saltire74; Sep 6, 2018 at 3:20 am Reason: Removal of political reference
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've not made an EK booking/change over the phone for a long time. Do they have the facility where you actually enter you CC details "offline" via the keypad on your phone? This is what EasyJet do. So, it's probably more secure than online, as there is no chance for anybody to "snoop".
​​​​​​​EK India contact center does this if you call for a booking/change. The agent takes you on the IVR and you have to generate a text OTP/code from your bank. Key that in along with your CC details to complete the transaction. Quite secure in the sense you're not reading your digits out over the phone to the agent.

Last edited by mannimagus; Sep 6, 2018 at 3:15 am Reason: Forgot to include the quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:31 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
All

Once again, please stay on topic. A few posts have now been removed or edited due to political references.

If you wish to discuss political issues, figures, etc. then please do so in one of the dedicated OMNI threads.

Saltire74
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Talking

Originally Posted by skywardhunter

You should sue
Please enlighten me, whatever for??? If financial gain could surely be had, please expand. I am starting to see true wisdom is beginning to flow from "Emirates Ambassadors". Wow, how much have I been missing by not posting more?

All I did was make a personal preference statement regarding seat configurations. My oh my. As far as I'm concerned, A380 business class is hard to beat.

First class experiences have been excellent. Hard product is starting to feel a bit dated, but the FAs have always been gracious and attentive to details. Only once I have a defective IFE screen. Was unable to move to a different seat due to a full cabin. Thought about suing over it! However, after a few attempts by the FAs to reset it, I went off to sleep. Imagine that.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:32 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dfwrob
Please enlighten me, whatever for??? If financial gain could surely be had, please expand. I am starting to see true wisdom is beginning to flow from "Emirates Ambassadors". Wow, how much have I been missing by not posting more?

All I did was make a personal preference statement regarding seat configurations. My oh my. As far as I'm concerned, A380 business class is hard to beat.

First class experiences have been excellent. Hard product is starting to feel a bit dated, but the FAs have always been gracious and attentive to details. Only once I have a defective IFE screen. Was unable to move to a different seat due to a full cabin. Thought about suing over it! However, after a few attempts by the FAs to reset it, I went off to sleep. Imagine that.
Take a chill pill dude, it was obviously sarcasm based on the ridiculousness of OP and this entire thread.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by S.R

Take a chill pill dude, it was obviously sarcasm based on the ridiculousness of OP and this entire thread.
Indeed this thread is ridiculous, which is why it got over 7.1K views within a week and stayed in the headlines of the forums, because it's ridiculous.......right?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:03 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Indeed this thread is ridiculous, which is why it got over 7.1K views within a week and stayed in the headlines of the forums, because it's ridiculous.......right?
Lol, it’s ridiculousness is the only reason it’s gotten so many views and stayed in the headlines.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Think Jersey Shore or Kardashians...
S.R likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by S.R

Lol, it’s ridiculousness is the only reason it’s gotten so many views and stayed in the headlines.
If this thread is ridiculous, and people are still following it, then that means people are more ridiculous than the thread itself........ Don't you think so?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If this thread is ridiculous, and people are still following it, then that means people are more ridiculous than the thread itself........ Don't you think so?
i love this thread
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator, Emirates

The thread is no longer adding any benefit to the forum.

There has has already been a couple of pleas to stay on topic and removal of posts.

Time for closing up.

Saltire74

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.