Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

“Exclusive” Miles Upgrade Offer OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.

The other day I received an “exclusive” miles offer at the beginning of the online check-in process: upgrade from C to F at the special mileage rate of 39’000, with this special pricing only being offered during OLCI. However, the miles required for the standard upgrade for the route in question would have been 35’000, so less! Has anyone else had a similar experience with EK trying to charge more than the standard rate and passing it off as a special? Trying to figure out if this was simply an IT mistake, or EK regularly tries to pull a fast one like this...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
What was the route and which fare type did you hold?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

DXB-Europe in Business Flex, hence the 30k miles for a standard upgrade (just realized I mistakenly wrote 35k in the original post) I remained in C, and ultimately there were only 4 out of 14 in F, and C was also more than half empty. Hence my initial assumption it was an IT error, as it would seem absurd for EK to try and get away with fast ones like that!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Silver
That does sound like an IT error. In my experience the discrepancy in miles for upgrade comes up when you upgrade one leg of trip with a connection in DXB, where the longer flight will be almost equal to standard upgrade for the route.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I've had this happen to me a couple of times too. More miles to upgrade than the standard one. I called up EK on both occasions, and they had no clue why this occurred. Didn't take the offer on both occasions.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Which makes me wonder if really just an IT error...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.