Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates offloaded me by mistake, now I'm wait listed without so much as an apology !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates offloaded me by mistake, now I'm wait listed without so much as an apology !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Background....a couple of weeks ago I noticed my A380 flight had changed to a 777. I attempted to change onto an A380 flight on the same day. Emirates wanted to charge me a change fee and fare difference. After a lot of toing and froing they dropped the change fee but insisted on the fare difference - which only existed because this whole process took longer than a week and the price had changed in the interim.

In the end I refused the change and asked to be put back onto the 777. When I was confirming this on the phone an eagle eyed customer service agent spotted that my next leg had been changed and I had mistakenly been put onto a flight one day earlier than I'd booked. If she hadn't spotted this change I would never have known and would have missed my flight. She said she'd put me back on the original one and would contact me to let me know once this was done. No contact a day later and so I checked manage my booking and see that I'm booked onto the day earlier flight still and wait listed for the original flight. I'd even pre-paid for my seat on that flight!

I wrote an unhappy email to the team leader in Manchester with whom I'd been in touch with about the A380 - 777 change and I expected to receive back an apology, and explanation for what had happened, and some positive action to either put me back onto the seat I'd pre-paid for, or an upgrade on the same flight etc. What I received back was this:

"You have been placed on a waitlist for your original flight booked on the 06th September. As of today, the flight is still wait listed. We will contact you as soon as there is any change."

Am I right in thinking this is completely unacceptable?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes, they should confirm you on your original flight, but forget e-mail, call them. You won't get an upgrade.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks, yes, I will call today. They should upgrade me if there are no economy seats left.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dingobingo
Thanks, yes, I will call today. They should upgrade me if there are no economy seats left.
Nope. They'll upgrade the highest status pax if Plat, else whoever has a Flex Plus ticket and the highest status. You'll get their seat
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:58 am
Original Poster

I see, that works too. Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.