Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates award flight got canceled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

We have booked an itinerary that includes two legs of flights on Emirates F for both legs for late April next year. Unfortunately due to the DXB runway work https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...grade-project/
our second leg of flight is canceled.
We got a call from the partner airline we booked the award seat through, and they can rebook us to a different flight on the same route, but the other flight only have J available (2 classes instead 3 classes plane). I see that two days prior to our scheduled flight for the second leg, the 3 classes flight is still operating, but there's no award seat availability on F for that flight. My question is, what are my options if I wish to remain booked on F for my second leg of flight? Thanks for the advises. And I'm curious why doesn't Emirates operate the 3 classes plane for the alternate flight for commentate all booked passengers?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

As it's a partner booking, I don't think you've much option other than to accept the J class booking. The alternative is to cancel completely and get your miles back, and then hope F class awards open up on the flight 2 days earlier. That would be a big risk though.

If it was a booking with EK, there might be a bit more flexibility.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Unfortunately it's entirely up to the unnamed partner to provide you with an alternative in F, you can ask them to request an F Seat from EK but EK won't help you directly
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by windonwaters
And I'm curious why doesn't Emirates operate the 3 classes plane for the alternate flight for commentate all booked passengers?
A 2 class plane wouldn't accommodate (I think that's what you meant) maybe over 100 booked Economy Class passengers. There's no way they can satisfy everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.