Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK 77W IFE reset

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

EK 77W IFE reset

Onboard EK344 now, WiFi is extremely slow, so this is sort of an urgent post.

I've already asked a crew member to reset the IFE but J is full today and the crew barely have time to do anything other than serve the food and whatnot. Not really sure if they forgot to, or if it didn't work.

The IFE is malfunctioning on my seat, ghost touches to be specific. During a movie, it'll pause itself or tap on the screen to bring up the movie controls without me even going near it. Is there a way to reset it without disrupting anyone elses IFE? The aircraft is A6-END.

I've already tried the 'Hold the power button / screen off button', but that does nothing.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
A hard reboot used to work sometimes..However the crew had to do it.

And yes it does disrupt other peoples ICE.
​​​​​​
Is everyone around you able to use it ?
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor

​​​​​​
Yes, everyone else in J was able to use it, but I eventually gave up since the crew seemed really busy and I decided to sleep for the rest of the flight.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:09 am

On the older ICE versions type "*73738#" on the handset phone controller to reset the IFE for that particular seat.

73738 spells RESET.

asterix RESET hash/pound
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Descending
On the older ICE versions type "*73738#" on the handset phone controller to reset the IFE for that particular seat.

73738 spells RESET.

asterix RESET hash/pound
Might come in handy if I get one of those older 777s on the way back to DXB.
Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by ukdoctor

​​​​​​
Just out of curiosity, the reset is done by cabin ? by sector ? by deck ?
I remember a flight where IFE was reset several times (on other pax's request). And no FCL FA cared to inform me beforehand...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Just out of curiosity, the reset is done by cabin ? by sector ? by deck ?
I remember a flight where IFE was reset several times (on other pax's request). And no FCL FA cared to inform me beforehand...
Not sure if it is the whole of J. I was in my usual seat (7K) in the forward mini cabin on the 777.

The crew reset the ICE as mine didn't work .
​​
7DEF lost their ICE.. Not sure of 7A or 7B.

​​​​​​They did not make a general announcement but it was the middle of the night . My ICE worked for a while and stopped again..After two or three attempts , I gave up and slept.

​​​​​​
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:16 pm

There are different kinds of resets which have different consequences.

You can reset an individual seat, row, zone or the entire aircraft. You obviously start off small and work your way up if things are not improving.

One thing to keep in mind is that some seats share the same IFE box and can be inadvertently affected. Such as in economy class, if 45C was a faulty screen and 44C is one of those seats which the headset plugs into the armrest, then if a reset of the 45C screen is done, 44C will loose their volume (but not the screen image) because the screen for 45C is actually fixed into the seatback of 44C. They overlap, if that makes sense. There are other economy class seats where the headset plugs into the seat infront, beneath the screen. In this case, if a reset is done for 45C, only 45C will be affected because the screen and audio are coming from the same seat.

Similar situation for A380 business class seats. A/C and H/J seats are joined together, while D/F and E/F seats in the centre are joined.
ukdoctor and murtaza12 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.