Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat advice???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Seat advice???

I flew to Dubai in January and was put off booking row 51 as it shows a bulkhead with limited recline on seat guru, so I chose row 50, the row in front.

when I boarded the plane, row 51 had a good 5ft of space behind them and the people in them seats where virtually horizontal in their seats with fantastic recline! I was gutted I didnt pick them.

I am going back in August and sadly row 51 is taken. Ive opted for row 65 as its the last row again but Im worried as its saying toilets and limited recline again. It will be just my luck these will be rubbish seats and Ive paid over 100 to reserve them.

Has as anyone travelled in this row before?

kind regards
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:21 am

I'm guessing from the row numbers your on an A380. In case no one with actual experience comes along, there used to be a Google Street View walkthrough on the website although it seems to have been replaced by a 3D experience. If you can find a link to the Street View you should be able to see these seats.
lizzy mc likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I'm guessing from the row numbers your on an A380. In case no one with actual experience comes along, there used to be a Google Street View walkthrough on the website although it seems to have been replaced by a 3D experience. If you can find a link to the Street View you should be able to see these seats.
Yes A380, 77W ends to 49/50, so unfortunately I have no idea. However not sure if the streeview thing will help in seeing the potential recline of a row of seats. Actually a good idea would've been to recline one aisle seat of each row when they did the street view thing as a demonstration of that row's recline
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:50 am

Found a link and it actually gives a great view of the gap described behind Row 51. Bad news for the OP is that the gap behind Row 65 is not at all similar.

My first thoughts on seeing Row 51 however was not that it would recline more (I thought that would be limited by the seat mechanism) but that people walking behind me would grab the headrest on the way past.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.2428...7i13312!8i6656
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Seatguru is now often unreliable, and outdated.

I seems like they literally looked at a seat map and assumed which seats are good and which seats are bad, as opposed to being first hand experience.
QRC3288, thijsseh and daisymay2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.