Wiki Posts
Search

A380 upper deck in Y

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
A380 upper deck in Y

Hi can anyone advise on upperdeck Y seats after a bit of investigating over the last few weeks this section tends to be always full would the experts agree I'm more likely to get an empty ajacent seat on the lower deck it's the 384 to BKK June 16th I gather it continues to HKG I'm guessing might be busier than other BKK flights
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by spec119
Hi can anyone advise on upperdeck Y seats after a bit of investigating over the last few weeks this section tends to be always full would the experts agree I'm more likely to get an empty ajacent seat on the lower deck it's the 384 to BKK June 16th I gather it continues to HKG I'm guessing might be busier than other BKK flights
You may find the second cabin is blocked rather than occupied on seat maps. BKK flights tend to go out chock a block in Economy, hence all the two class flights and so many of them, but you never know as it's low season there just now. I don't think the HKG extension will make it busier as there are direct DXB-HKG flights, usually for no extra cost.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
You may find the second cabin is blocked rather than occupied on seat maps. BKK flights tend to go out chock a block in Economy, hence all the two class flights and so many of them, but you never know as it's low season there just now. I don't think the HKG extension will make it busier as there are direct DXB-HKG flights, usually for no extra cost.
I think actually occupied ( solid blue and not X ) however I have noticed very light loads on both DXB BKK & DOH BKK even LGW to DXB seems quiet apart from this week which is UK half term
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:38 am

I can have a look on tonights flight.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Any time I have been on a 2 class A380 that section always seems to be rammed
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat54
Any time I have been on a 2 class A380 that section always seems to be rammed
Not surprised as I guess most pax will try to sit there especially the twin seats I guess
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
I understood the 2nd cabin was reserved for Silver and above pax??
SS
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
SS
I'd not heard that before. I'm Gold and it's always been blocked off for me in Manage A Booking.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:14 pm

Was informed it was paid for when I was speaking to an EK Rep on the phone, Classed as premium but not always unlocked. Speak to CS they can see and tell you.

Last edited by suley; Jun 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
SS
As I'm new to EK I'm sure I will learn fast kind of makes sense a bit like upper deck on QR but I'm sure I read on EK's seating faq they were available foc when olci opens however I'm happy to sit in the least densly populated area
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:53 pm

I was able to purchase seats upstairs for that section well before the flight (months in advance), although i later took an offer of an upgrade to business, but i had a look at there were plenty of seats in that section during the flight, but the crew did say it was a very quiet flight (2nd June).
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gazkane
I was able to purchase seats upstairs for that section well before the flight (months in advance), although i later took an offer of an upgrade to business, but i had a look at there were plenty of seats in that section during the flight, but the crew did say it was a very quiet flight (2nd June).
i think june is fairly quiet on this route I can purchase seats now but hate the idea of paying to select a seat was your upgrade miles or revenue if cash may I ask the cost?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:41 am

It was £330pp for Dubai to Bangkok. They also offered business upgrade Glasgow to Dubai for £451 on the 777 but I didn't take up that offer.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gazkane
It was £330pp for Dubai to Bangkok. They also offered business upgrade Glasgow to Dubai for £451 on the 777 but I didn't take up that offer.
i would probably done the same
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

My flight tomorrow EK384 seems only half occupied on the upper deck is this section blocked to non status pax? Can't decide to stay put on the lower deck with adjacent seat currently empty or take a chance of having extra space upstairs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.