Wiki Posts
Search

Reopening of Award Space

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Reopening of Award Space

I have a trip currently booked using JAL miles in F from LAX - DXB - MCT - DXB but I need to change it to LAX - DXB - CAI - DXB, with the first flight form LAX - DXB not changing. Since I am changing the routing, the ticket needs to be canceled and rebooked and I am concerned that the LAX - DXB award space will not re open and there is currently none available.

What are the odds that after canceling my first ticket, the award seat will open up and I will be able to rebook on it?

Any suggestions are very appreciated
Old May 22, 2018, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I doubt the award space would re-open to be honest, although I have no experience of this. It would be a big gamble.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It goes back into inventory. Whether you get it or not is impossible to say. I wouldn't do it.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Once I had a seat in the "O" inventory bucket and that bucket subsequently got to zero. I cancelled it and rebooked, and the ticket did not go back to "O" inventory, I had to rebook in a higher inventory class.

I wouldn't do it either, if revenue fare buckets are any indication. The yield management system will probably just say "great! another seat to sell for $$$$"
Old May 22, 2018, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It goes back into inventory. Whether you get it or not is impossible to say. I wouldn't do it.
Are you certain of this? And I assume you mean award inventory?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.