Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal greetings

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Personal greetings

@zol said I don’t post enough, so I’m going for a double thread opening tonight...

Once your gold and above, on most flights you’ll get a personal greeting by the purser, which usually ends with: “if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know”

Obviously asking for a free upgrade would just be met with a sarcastic smile, but what kind of things could be asked for and reasonably provided at that point except perhaps a pre-departure drink even in Y.

What have you asked for? Did you get it?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A glass of Champers from F or J would be reasonable I think. However, don't fall asleep and miss it
Zol, gillyd22, m3red and 1 others like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
@zol said I don’t post enough, so I’m going for a double thread opening tonight...

Once your gold and above, on most flights you’ll get a personal greeting by the purser, which usually ends with: “if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know”

Obviously asking for a free upgrade would just be met with a sarcastic smile, but what kind of things could be asked for and reasonably provided at that point except perhaps a pre-departure drink even in Y.

In Y....a better seat ie with more neighbourly space,
or when the largest pax on flight has been my neighbour.
Yes many times.

Before when they existed in Y on demand...socks/eyeshade packs and playing cards.
Yes always but unfortunately withdrawn from Y.

The playing cards which were on all flights hidden away ....where have they all gone (as withdrawn suddenly from flights) ?
Old May 12, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

i ask that they don’t bother my wife with the fake greeting and to book the shower slot straight away 😂

ps107 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I was traveling in Business out of Manchester and noticed the cabin manager going down the cabin with the personal greetings welcoming a couple of nearby passengers but I could not help feeling that as a first time customer they could not care about me. On some airlines all passengers in business are given a personal welcome which can be tailored for the frequent and non frequent travelers. Some EK should consider this
aceboy44 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I was traveling in Business out of Manchester and noticed the cabin manager going down the cabin with the personal greetings welcoming a couple of nearby passengers but I could not help feeling that as a first time customer they could not care about me. On some airlines all passengers in business are given a personal welcome which can be tailored for the frequent and non frequent travelers. Some EK should consider this
theres 76 j passengers 14in f and god knows how many status passenger in y - they can’t Great everyone
Franky16 likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I almost always ask for an F eye mask and get one. Have also managed some J garlic bread...
Old May 12, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
sure I get the thing in economy but not in business/first - a personal welcome should be available to all
Old May 12, 2018, 5:48 am

New

Hello Everyone

I'm Joey Leslie , Newbie here!
Old May 12, 2018, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by joeyleslie
Hello Everyone

I'm Joey Leslie , Newbie here!

Welcome Joey! We’re very happy to have you with us, please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.
ps107 and BadoRas like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:05 am

What I don't like is being greeted at plane door..."welcome back MR NAME (for everyone to hear)" I don't want other pax to hear my name.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
What I don't like is being greeted at plane door..."welcome back MR NAME (for everyone to hear)" I don't want other pax to hear my name.
That one always holds me and everyone behind me up for a few seconds, while they are trying to pronounce my name
seavisionburma, Matt4 and XXTSGR like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
sure I get the thing in economy but not in business/first - a personal welcome should be available to all
On 77Ws they usually greet everyone, it actually annoys me (it shouldn't) because my greeting then feels less special thiuth sometimes they do make it more personal for me.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It can't be helped that your name is John Bean.
Babaduck, thijsseh, m3red and 1 others like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Angry

Yes, I really don't like that either. In general, I find the attention you get as a platinum to be annoying. Frankly I would rather they didn't do it. It's just an unwanted consequence of flying frequently in premium cabins.
m3red likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.