Wiki Posts
Search

Personal greetings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by m3red

said fast track on mY BP inbound to Dubai on Friday
Y????? What is the world coming to!!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:19 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by gillyd22

That's exactly what I was thinking. Brexit, Trump and m3red flying Y. All equally improbable but still happening.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Please let me know where these benefits are stated? https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...-benefits.aspx

You're not even Silver, yet you requested all these things, which are not benefits even for Gold members (not even unofficially).

You're right, what's the point of Gold status, who needs worldwide lounge access, priority call centre support (for what, if one can take an expensive taxi to a local sales office instead), seat guarantee, priority baggage, free seats, free unlimited WiFi, bonus miles. Good call asking an inexperienced FA who's never experienced the Skywards programme and likely has no interest in it what benefits you get
Just to clarify, I did not request such items, but asked IF I ever became gold can I request such items or not based on the comments posted above, so I don't understand what you meant by "not even unofficially (for gold members)"????

BTW I am officially silver now (looking forward to reach gold after my bad experience on Singapore Air on J class)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Just to clarify, I did not request such items, but asked IF I ever became gold can I request such items or not based on the comments posted above, so I don't understand what you meant by "not even unofficially (for gold members)"????

BTW I am officially silver now (looking forward to reach gold after my bad experience on Singapore Air on J class)
Some charming frequent travellers have occasionally been able to talk their way into a J amenity, it's quite definitely not a benefit, nor was it ever implied. I've been told for 3 years and have never had anyyhany from a higher cabin brought to me in Y, but I've also not had the audacity to ask (gillyd22 once kindly sent me back a glass of Dom in a plastic cup after the Dubai Do in May but unfortunately I was too fast asleep to receive it)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
.....my bad experience on Singapore Air on J class)
I of course immediately went to the SIA board to learn about the horrors of that flight, but alas: no post......
Zol and m3red like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I of course immediately went to the SIA board to learn about the horrors of that flight, but alas: no post......
Snap
thijsseh likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat

I once purchased from the Y menu an aperol spritz (4 USD) and it was served from J in glassware on a tray (probably just asked the J galley for one, and they went into autopilot and served it that way) and it did get quite some attention from the passengers around me... had to explain I purchased it and that it's definitely an acquired taste so don't go buy one... just because it seems "luxurious"

So yeah, I can see the resistance that the cabin crew have to serving amenities from up front.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
My first (and last) experience with Singapore Air (J class)

There you go
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Oh deary me....
thijsseh likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
have you ever had a good flight?
seen so many of your complaints on emirates business and first that surprised you do not have gold status and note you seem to have downgraded to economy or were your questions to the crew of academic interest only

perhaps you should try your national carrier.
Tibs94 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gillyd22

haha no we were in F. Point is Bp now says fast track on it
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll

have you ever had a good flight?
seen so many of your complaints on emirates business and first that surprised you do not have gold status and note you seem to have downgraded to economy or were your questions to the crew of academic interest only

perhaps you should try your national carrier.
Yes, I had a very enjoyable flight in J class from HKG - DXB, which is why I decided to re-new my silver membership and continue to fly EK

FYI I did fly with my national carrier
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Again this feature has been inconsistent. Did almost 6 flights in Y during the last 10 days, was greeted twice. It clearly hasn't been scrapped, but seems to me like this is falling through the gaps during the onboard routine of the crew. Which isn't alarming but says a lot.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Again this feature has been inconsistent. Did almost 6 flights in Y during the last 10 days, was greeted twice. It clearly hasn't been scrapped, but seems to me like this is falling through the gaps during the onboard routine of the crew. Which isn't alarming but says a lot.
I always seem to get it in J but it is rare in Y.

On a recent flight I got on board late to find someone sat in my seat, as I was last on board I didnt make a fuss and sat on the row in front. When the purser came round she welcomed the person who was in my seat - not only was their ethnicity such that they would never have a surname like mine but they were also female yet the purser still casually welcomed them back on board as Mr.... Really does show how much they are on auto pilot when they do it.
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Will08
I always seem to get it in J but it is rare in Y.

On a recent flight I got on board late to find someone sat in my seat, as I was last on board I didnt make a fuss and sat on the row in front. When the purser came round she welcomed the person who was in my seat - not only was their ethnicity such that they would never have a surname like mine but they were also female yet the purser still casually welcomed them back on board as Mr.... Really does show how much they are on auto pilot when they do it.
Haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.