Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL EK News Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:32 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Cheers in all classes as Emirates revamps its spirits offering

Dubai, UAE, 12 April 2018 – Emirates has refreshed its spirits offering across all classes with a range of premium brands. Spirits on board are served complimentary across all classes and routes and include a range of whiskeys, cognacs, gins, vodka and flavoured liqueurs amongst others.

The new selection was made by an in-house team of experts who spent two years working directly with suppliers to curate the brand new spirits offering. Emirates has invested in long term partnerships with some of the world’s best brands resulting in the finest spirits as well as exclusive selections available on board.

Emirates’ new spirits menu is an extensive offering of over 30 new spirits and liqueurs served across all classes. The spirits complement Emirates’ world class offering of over 80 fine wines and champagnes served across its network daily.

“We aim to deliver the best culinary experience on board and that goes for our menus, our wines and also our new spirits range. We’ve invested time in building relationships with the best spirits makers in the world, understanding global trends and achieving the perfect serve on board to showcase these beverages in the best possible way,” explains Joost Heymeijer, Senior Vice President, Inflight catering, Emirates.

The new spirits menu on board includes a mix of niche, hand-crafted brands as well as popular and well-loved spirits such as Hennessy cognacs in all classes including the exclusive Hennessy Paradis in First Class and for a limited period on select routes the extremely rare Hennessy Paradis Impérial. The new menu was launched with a special cognac tasting held at the Emirates A380 Onboard Lounge on a flight to Paris last month. The first-of-its kind masterclass at 40,000 feet was led by Mr Alfred Tesseron, owner and Chairman of Tesseron Cognac. Tesseron Lot 29 XO is a niche, hand-crafted cognac that scored 100 points by celebrated wine critic Robert Parker, and is by a brand that is centuries old and still family owned.

Other brands served in First Class include the Dalmore King Alexander III, the only single malt Scotch whisky in the world created using a unique six-cask finish; Belvedere luxury vodka; Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch whisky and premium Guatemalan rum, Ron Zacapa Centenario XO.

In Business Class and at the iconic Emirates A380 Onboard Lounge, customers can enjoy Glenfiddich Solera Reserve 15 year old single malt Scotch whisky, small batch premium bourbon Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select, craft gin Sipsmith, and more.

Other spirits available in Economy Class include Dewar’s White Label Scotch whisky, Beefeater gin, Russian Standard Original vodka, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey and Bacardi Carta Blanca rum - the world’s most awarded rum.

Emirates is also serving regionally focused beverages such as Amarula, a fruit cream liqueur available in all classes. The liqueur is made from Marula fruit which grows wild and uncultivated in South Africa. It is then fermented and the Marula ‘wine’ is distilled and aged in French oak barrels for at least two years.

In conjunction with its new spirits offering, Emirates has also refreshed its cocktail menu by adding the Negroni, Old Fashioned and Aperol Spritz while retaining some of its most popular orders on board such as the classic Bloody Mary, Mojito and Kir Royal.

In Economy, Jack Daniel’s whiskey is the most requested drink from Emirates’ list of spirits. In Business, Sipsmith gin takes the top spot, while in First, the most popular spirit requested is the Chivas Royal Salute whisky which is aged for 21 years.

Flame3601 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:34 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Exclusive: You heard it here first

Also some exclusive info for Flyertalk – the super rare Hennessy Paradis Impérial highlighted below is actually on the below routes. Very exclusive info, you heard it here first!

Hennessy Paradis Impérial will be served in First Class from September for a limited period on the following routes: [Where First Class is operated]

Americas:

Toronto

Houston

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Dallas - Fort Worth

Seattle - Tacoma Int'l

Washington - Dulles

Boston

Chicago

Orlando

Fort Lauderdale - Hlywd I'tl A/p Broward County

Milan

New York

Athens

Newark / New Jersey

Sao Paolo

Santiago - Chile

Rio de Janeiro

Buenos Aires

United Kingdom:

Heathrow

Gatwick

Manchester

Glasgow

Newcastle (Bond Org)

Birmingham

Dublin (GG)

London Stansted

Far East:

Shanghai

Beijing

Guangzhou

Osaka

Tokyo Narita

Tokyo Haneda

Seoul

Manila

Luzon - Clark

Cebu

Ho Chi Minh City

TaiPei

Yinchuan

Zhengzhou

Hanoi - Vietnam (Noi Bai Int A/P)

Rangoon / Yangon - Myanmar

Phnom Penh - Cambodia

thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.

Last edited by Saltire74; Apr 22, 2018 at 3:35 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Also some exclusive info for Flyertalk – the super rare Hennessy Paradis Impérial highlighted below is actually on the below routes. Very exclusive info, you heard it here first!

Hennessy Paradis Impérial will be served in First Class from September for a limited period on the following routes:

Americas:

Toronto

Houston

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Dallas - Fort Worth

Seattle - Tacoma Int'l

Washington - Dulles

Boston

Chicago

Orlando

Milan

New York

Athens

Newark / New Jersey

Sao Paolo

Santiago - Chile

Rio de Janeiro

Buenos Aires

United Kingdom:

Heathrow

Gatwick

Manchester

Glasgow

Newcastle (Bond Org)

Birmingham

Dublin (GG)

London Stansted

Far East:

Shanghai

Beijing

Guangzhou

Osaka

Tokyo Narita

Tokyo Haneda

Seoul

Manila

Luzon - Clark

Cebu

Ho Chi Minh City

TaiPei

Yinchuan

Zhengzhou

Phnom Penh - Cambodia

Excellent news, timed it well with the new year celebrations
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I didn't realise NCL had F class!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:36 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It doesn’t
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:36 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Originally Posted by thijsseh

It doesn’t
Waiting for clarification on that and FLL

S
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:47 pm

United Kingdom:

Dublin (GG)
It's been a while since we were part of the United Kingdom.

Also what does (GG) Stand for?
thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:14 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Mr. Kyka
It's been a while since we were part of the United Kingdom.

Also what does (GG) Stand for?
Guiness Guzzlers
bhoyinoz and Mr. Kyka like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Waiting for clarification on that and FLL

S
Certainly a search on EF (I looked up to September) does not show F for either FLL or NCL.
And by then the 'super rare' Hennesy Paradis Imperial will probably have run out anyway......
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Certainly a search on EF (I looked up to September) does not show F for either FLL or NCL.
And by then the 'super rare' Hennesy Paradis Imperial will probably have run out anyway......
I’ll apologise now if this is duff info but i’m passing on the information from a credible source in good faith. Am waiting on clarification after a few enquiries.

S
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
My two cents: this thread doesn't add much value to this forum, if this is the extent of EK's "commitment" to engaging with us, then no thanks. Certainly as we have now seen the information is not necessarily credible, as Hennesy Paradis Imperial has already been reported on several routes, and the list provided contains several J only routes. The press releases are just reposts from the EK Media centre....they could just as well be posted as links in the News thread. We're selling ourselves short here.
thijsseh and SimpleDXB like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
. . . . if this is the extent of EK's "commitment" to engaging with us, . . . . .
I was wondering if this was going to be the limit of their involvement with similar feelings to yours.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Emirates

So I asked for some clarification on the previous information I posted. The new Hennessy Paradis Imperial will only be served on routes with F so excludes NCL & FLL And any other non-F routes.

Hi Saltire74 ,

No it will only be in First Class. We’ve always served Hennessy on board –this was a refresh of our spirits programme so have added some new brands alongside the favourites. Hennessy Paradis Impérial in particular is what is exclusive and new but Hennessy Paradis is a standard offering across all First Class.

Thanks,

M****

Last edited by Saltire74; Apr 22, 2018 at 3:32 am Reason: To clarify F routes only
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Skywards Silver

Hennessy Paradis Impérial will be served in First Class from September for a limited period on the following routes:

Americas:

Toronto

Houston

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Dallas - Fort Worth

Seattle - Tacoma Int'l

Washington - Dulles

Boston

Chicago

Orlando

Milan

New York

Athens

Newark / New Jersey

Sao Paolo

Santiago - Chile

Rio de Janeiro

Buenos Aires

United Kingdom:

Heathrow

Gatwick

Manchester

Glasgow

Newcastle (Bond Org)

Birmingham

Dublin (GG)

London Stansted

Far East:

Shanghai

Beijing

Guangzhou

Osaka

Tokyo Narita

Tokyo Haneda

Seoul

Manila

Luzon - Clark

Cebu

Ho Chi Minh City

TaiPei

Yinchuan

Zhengzhou

Phnom Penh - Cambodia

Strange, there is no F on the Philippines flights so why are Manila and Clark on the list?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SimonLHR
Strange, there is no F on the Philippines flights so why are Manila and Clark on the list?
Did you seriously miss the entire conversation above about that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.