Print Wikipost

The EK Dubai Do - 10 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
The EK Dubai Do - 10 May 2018

Hi All,

in addition to the CPT Do taking place on 16 March this month we'll be having a Dubai Do on 10 May 2018. This is a Thursday, so for those based in the UAE it's an all-clear for the hangover on Friday.

Please do try and swing by, we'll have at least two ambassadors present, hopefully more, we'll be meeting in the evening for drinks (maybe dinner?).

Please comment on your attendance and also indicate any suggestions you may have for dinner/drinks locations. One idea I had, but perhaps too millenial, is the Nusr-Et steakhouse of Saltbae fame (Nusr-Et | Home). Mostly just because I've been wanting to visit

Otherwise Hakkasan at Emirates Towers has good cocktails, but I'm not a DXB regular and not that familiar so will defer to others for suggestions, I'm sure m3red has plenty.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
The Eloquent Elephant m3red?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
The Eloquent Elephant m3red?
seriously good choice, for beers and food. It will likely be boiling at that time of the year so think inside rather than out.

depends on people’s budgets and taste - sky is the limit....
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hi All,

in addition to the CPT Do taking place on 16 March this month we'll be having a Dubai Do on 10 May 2018. This is a Thursday, so for those based in the UAE it's an all-clear for the hangover on Friday.

Please do try and swing by, we'll have at least two ambassadors present, hopefully more, we'll be meeting in the evening for drinks (maybe dinner?).

Please comment on your attendance and also indicate any suggestions you may have for dinner/drinks locations. One idea I had, but perhaps too millenial, is the Nusr-Et steakhouse of Saltbae fame (Nusr-Et Home). Mostly just because I've been wanting to visit

Otherwise Hakkasan at Emirates Towers has good cocktails, but I'm not a DXB regular and not that familiar so will defer to others for suggestions, I'm sure m3red has plenty.
you can afford Nurs et and Hakkasan cos you fly y! 😂😂😂

too stuffy for me....
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Sorry guys I can't come due to some school obligations after landing in DXB from MAA at midday. Regarding Nusr-Et, I must say that you should not order too much as although it is not prominently featured, all their Beef is Wagyu and therefore extremely filling. I visited the one in galleria btw.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:11 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I can't make this one unfortunately. I'm off to Portugal on the Saturday.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Sorry guys I can't come due to some school obligations after landing in DXB from MAA at midday. Regarding Nusr-Et, I must say that you should not order too much as although it is not prominently featured, all their Beef is Wagyu and therefore extremely filling. I visited the one in galleria btw.
swing by for an hour. We'll order some appetizers, a bottle of champagne (NV) and maybe some beers for everyone to enjoy
DatBoi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:20 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Won’t be able to go either. Sure you’ll have a whale of a time. Remember the emergency wine gums just in case.

S
sydtogla likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Damn! I'd have had a Diet Coke with you guys in Dubai and tutted at your alcoholic beverages if this was a month or so earlier!
Will08 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Can't make it either, won't be on the right side of the world (and the funny thing is I usually am in early May).
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:42 am

I’m here anytime 👍🏻
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
I'd love to swing by and put faces to people's nicknames! Happy with any venue.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I can easily justify getting an Uber to the Waterfront in Cape Town on 16 March.
Getting an A380 from AMS (where I will be around that time) to DXB in order to attend the do there is probably pushing it (however much I would like to..)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Sorry, error
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: EK Gold
If you're meeting for a drink pre-dinner, i'd love to swing by!
Unfortunately it's a little hard to justify a night on the lash whilst mrs nmc980 is home with a newborn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.