Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

2 bottles of Dom loaded for 11h45m flight?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 bottles of Dom loaded for 11h45m flight?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I disagree. More corporate cost cutting than your fault as a paying customer!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat
Received this pathetic response from EK customer service. Zero compensation offered.

"I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quantity of champagne on flight EKXXX from XXX to Dubai, on 26 January.

As you are no doubt aware, we offer a selection of beverage choices and by careful monitoring, we try to match the number of available choices with what we expect will be in demand. Although we do our utmost to meet all passenger requests, sometimes regrettably, we are unable to meet passenger preferences.

Emirates remains committed to offering the finest dining experience in the skies and I am truly sorry that we have been unable to meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that our Catering department has been informed of your comments, for their review and necessary action. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced on this occasion. "

I also reached out to someone I know at EK directly and the truth, rather than the generic copy-paste garbage in the customer service response, is that the crew on the outbound served a lot of the champagne which was reserved for the inbound, ignoring the seperate drawers labelled for the first and second sector. Ultimately this is probably not worth fighting over but I am genuinely surprised that there was zero attempt at service recovery by EK. Does anyone think a message to their facebook or twitter teams would yield a different response?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Received this pathetic response from EK customer service. Zero compensation offered.

"I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quantity of champagne on flight EKXXX from XXX to Dubai, on 26 January.

As you are no doubt aware, we offer a selection of beverage choices and by careful monitoring, we try to match the number of available choices with what we expect will be in demand. Although we do our utmost to meet all passenger requests, sometimes regrettably, we are unable to meet passenger preferences.

Emirates remains committed to offering the finest dining experience in the skies and I am truly sorry that we have been unable to meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that our Catering department has been informed of your comments, for their review and necessary action. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced on this occasion. "

I also reached out to someone I know at EK directly and the truth, rather than the generic copy-paste garbage in the customer service response, is that the crew on the outbound served a lot of the champagne which was reserved for the inbound, ignoring the seperate drawers labelled for the first and second sector. Ultimately this is probably not worth fighting over but I am genuinely surprised that there was zero attempt at service recovery by EK. Does anyone think a message to their facebook or twitter teams would yield a different response?
i got a free bottle of red as service recovery the 2 times this has happened- I complained directly onboard to the purser knowing CS would do nothing.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:23 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red

i got a free bottle of red as service recovery the 2 times this has happened- I complained directly onboard to the purser knowing CS would do nothing.

‘Red’? Can’t have been the Chateau Margeaux Pavillon Rouge.....
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh

‘Red’? Can’t have been the Chateau Margeaux Pavillon Rouge.....
no a 1000aed bottle of amuse Bouche and s bottle of DP one time as well
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Lkaroo

Wow, that really is a poor response to a PLAT with a genuine & serious complaint on F service failings, F should be First Class !

Why not escalate on Facebook & Twitter, they deserve to be shamed for this

Things can go wrong, running out of Champagne also happened to me on LX & LH but they were just fine at service recovery, sending me complimentary bottles.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Wow, that really is a poor response to a PLAT with a genuine & serious complaint on F service failings, F should be First Class !

Why not escalate on Facebook & Twitter, they deserve to be shamed for this

Things can go wrong, running out of Champagne also happened to me on LX & LH but they were just fine at service recovery, sending me complimentary bottles.
One caveat, did LX & LH run out of all champagne or just a certain brand? This thread is about running out of Dom, there was presumably plenty of Moet available to F pax (yes, not the same, but it's better than NO champagne)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
One caveat, did LX & LH run out of all champagne or just a certain brand? This thread is about running out of Dom, there was presumably plenty of Moet available to F pax (yes, not the same, but it's better than NO champagne)
LH & LX ran out of the First Class Champagne on the F menu, so same scenario ​​​​​, just good service recovery 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.