Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

BA to EK First at DXB....how to transfer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:06 am
Original Poster

We’re flying British Airways Club into Dubai arriving at nearly midnight. My plan is to fly hand baggage if possible, stay overnight in the Dubai Airport Hotel above the concourse and then try to check in for our onward Emirates First Class flight to Bangkok the following morning. Are there transfer/check in desks throughout the airport as I’ve never seen any? Would it be better to leave the Airport wire and stay ‘outside’ and then go through the proper check in formalities the next day?
Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
BA arrives at D gates and last time I was there a few EK transfer desks were in the transit security where you can check in and obtain a boarding pass or simply use the EK app on your phone. Your EK flight will be from A ,B or C so a change of building is required

To be honest given the cost of the transfer hotel would just arrive into Dubai and bed down in Dubai somewhere and you can get EK to pick you up before the flight in the morning
croomes likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Seat54
To be honest given the cost of the transfer hotel would just arrive into Dubai and bed down in Dubai somewhere and you can get EK to pick you up before the flight in the morning
Agreed...

I don't believe there is a hotel in Concourse D, so you'd need to get to T3 and go through security anyway to get to the Airport Hotel (there are actually 3 hotels in T3, one in each in Concourse A, B & C). You may as well just leave the airport. The Le Meridien and Al Bustan are both opposite the airport, and about 5 minutes away in a car. They'll probably be less expensive than the Airport Hotel.
croomes likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks, that’s solved them. Stay at a nearby hotel and get transfer in the morning. 😁👍
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by croomes
Thanks, that’s solved them. Stay at a nearby hotel and get transfer in the morning. 😁👍
​​​​​​If you can get a mobile BP you should be able to get an airside transit and enter the hotel, you can remain airside if transit is under 24hrs even on separate tix, but that only works for HBO as you can't pass the check in security I think if the flight is too far out. Showing a reservation at the hotel might work though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.