Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6.5 Hour Layover

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
6.5 Hour Layover

Due to a schedule change, my 5 hour layover is now 6.5 hours. Arrive 3 PM and depart at 9:30 PM. Flying in on Business and out on First. Any ideas on how to spend the time?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Due to a schedule change, my 5 hour layover is now 6.5 hours. Arrive 3 PM and depart at 9:30 PM. Flying in on Business and out on First. Any ideas on how to spend the time?
in DXB (presumably) ? If yes,then you'd be able to enter F lounge. Lots to eat and drink there as well as take shower, use business centre , smoke cigars, and rest. Same as many others do !
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Taxis are cheap, you could go downtown for a couple of hours if you have never been before, its not very far from the airport however by the time you clear through customs you'd be getting closer to rush hour. On the other hand, you may be delayed, may get stuck on a stand and before you know it your connection time has shrunk.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:36 pm

Is there an alternative to the 6.5 hour connection you can request? That's getting a bit long even with F Lounge access.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
in DXB (presumably) ? If yes,then you'd be able to enter F lounge. Lots to eat and drink there as well as take shower, use business centre , smoke cigars, and rest. Same as many others do !
And have a complimentary spa treatment!

Enough time to sample all three F lounges and end up in the one that's in the concourse of departure.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
No options for shorter layover. FlyDubai flight from Yerevan to DXB and then onto to SYD. Emirates offers a Dubai Connect for layovers of 6 to 24 hours but it hardly seems worthwhile to leave the airport.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
FlyDubai flight from Yerevan to DXB and then onto to SYD. Emirates offers a Dubai Connect for layovers of 6 to 24 hours but it hardly seems worthwhile to leave the airport.
I seem to recall from a recent discussion that Dubai Connect requires both flights to be on EK metal, so wouldn't apply here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.