Search

Short from Gold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Short from Gold

Hi all,

Emirates account says: You require 17,825 additional Tier Miles by 31 Mar 18 to reach Gold.
With my next Business Class trip (in Flex or Flex Plus, not yet booked) I should arrive short from Gold, something like less then 1000 miles. Trip will be in Feb. 2018.
Is there any chance to become Gold even if I do not get the whole required miles?

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
There have not been any reports of Gold (or any tier) being granted when initial qualification falls short, though on requalification reports have been that being short a very small (<1000) amount will cause automatic requalification

Last edited by skywardhunter; Dec 17, 2017 at 12:20 pm
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

So no chances, need to do another trip in Business Class
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:33 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
What is your routing? A Business Flex Plus will get a lot more tier points than a Saver fare if you’re connecting through DXB

Using BKK as an example leaving from HAM on a Flex gets you 21000 & Flex Plus 22800

S
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Routing will be from HAM to BLR or from MXP to BLR
It will be in Flex or Flex Plus
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:52 pm

Build in a long transit in DXB and nest an intra gulf back to back to make up the missing miles. Maybe even something with flydubai.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

So, booked the ticket.
AMEX says fully refundable, changeable and so on.
Booking class is I (like India)
Is it Flex or Flex Plus?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
So, booked the ticket.
AMEX says fully refundable, changeable and so on.
Booking class is I (like India)
Is it Flex or Flex Plus?
Its J C I O P (in decreasing order). Surely no Flex+.
I would love to see a list of fare buckets against ‘Flex+, Flex, Saver, Special (in all classes of service)
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Its J C I O P (in decreasing order). Surely no Flex+.
I would love to see a list of fare buckets against ‘Flex+, Flex, Saver, Special (in all classes of service)
There is one somewhere on here, sometime last year it was discussed and posted
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

But then I do not understand why AMEX says I can do any changes (also cancel it) without fees
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MarcoGT
But then I do not understand why AMEX says I can do any changes (also cancel it) without fees
Because they are your travel agent and might waive the fees or perhaps it's some type of consolidator fare. Hard to say without the exact fare rules.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There is one somewhere on here, sometime last year it was discussed and posted
It's not definitive. There are ones which are borderline and might be one or the other.

OP. It has been reported that I is Flex but the best way to know is if you have a booking code as you can tell from that. 4th letter from the right. F = Flex Plus / S = Flex / P = Saver / R = Special
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
It's not definitive. There are ones which are borderline and might be one or the other.

OP. It has been reported that I is Flex but the best way to know is if you have a booking code as you can tell from that. 4th letter from the right. F = Flex Plus / S = Flex / P = Saver / R = Special
+1

to clarify, booking code = fare construction usually at the end of the eticket, not the PNR reference
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by ft101

the way to know the booking class is look at the reservation on the airline(or travel agency eg Amadeus) screen At ticket office/transfer desk EK (or other airline) will if they're in a good mood print out the short version of the reservation. The letter after the flight no.denotes the booking class e.g.EK 123S.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
the way to know the booking class is look at the reservation on the airline(or travel agency eg Amadeus) screen At ticket office/transfer desk EK (or other airline) will if they're in a good mood print out the short version of the reservation. The letter after the flight no.denotes the booking class e.g.EK 123S.
Looking at the fare construction might just be easier and can be done without getting out of the armchair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.