In Transit

Old Dec 17, 17, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic red
In Transit

hello everyone!
Iím going to be stopping over in Dubai (DXB) Terminal 3 on way to India in about 2 weeks.

As I have never been to this airport before and going to be in transit from midnight til 330am what is or isnít going to be open?

Thanks
B52
Old Dec 17, 17, 10:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Biggles52 View Post
hello everyone!
Iím going to be stopping over in Dubai (DXB) Terminal 3 on way to India in about 2 weeks.

As I have never been to this airport before and going to be in transit from midnight til 330am what is or isnít going to be open?

Thanks
B52
Everything will be open and the airport will be very crowded as this is the main transit phase of the day
Old Dec 20, 17, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold
I'll be passing through DXB T3 around midnight on the 27th/28th. Our transfer time is 1hr 25mins inbound from GLA / outbound to SYD. I'd love to squeeze some time in the Moet lounge but am not sure of the terminal layout and whether we'll have enough time. I've had a look at the terminal map on the Emirates website and I'm none the wiser What gates do these services tend to use? I have a hunch that we'll be getting off one and heading straight for the other - especially if it gets a bit frosty in GLA and we're delayed.

Coming back to LHR, I'll have 2hr 05mins so expect to have time to help myself to a glass of fizz on my way home

Last edited by fluffymitten; Dec 20, 17 at 11:09 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 20, 17, 11:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by fluffymitten View Post
I'll be passing through DXB T3 around midnight on the 27th/28th. Our transfer time is 1hr 25mins inbound from GLA / outbound to SYD. I'd love to squeeze some time in the Moet lounge but am not sure of the terminal layout and whether we'll have enough time. I've had a look at the terminal map on the Emirates website and I'm none the wiser What gates do these services tend to use? I have a hunch that we'll be getting off one and heading straight for the other - especially if it gets a bit frosty in GLA and we're delayed.

Coming back to LHR, I'll have 2hr 05mins so expect to have time to help myself to a glass of fizz on my way home
Gates vary daily, there is no standard gate for a certain flight or destination. The champagne lounge is in concourse B. If you arrive in any concourse (but not by bus) and depart from B you can Slip in a drink if everything's on schedule and you don't walk too slowly. If you arrive A and depart C or vice versa, or arrive by bus gate and depart from A then forget it. If you arrive by bus gate and are dropped at B Security and depart B or high Cs you can maybe make it.
Old Dec 20, 17, 12:39 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: SPGMarriott Plat, AS MVPG. EK Gold
Originally Posted by fluffymitten View Post

Like @skywardhunter said, if you arrive at a "real gate" in B or very close C you might be able to get a glass in. When short on time I usually head to the champagne bar (into the gates, stay to the right, go all the way to end and make a right), get a glass, and drink it on the way out since it's a good 5 minute walk each direction, and drop off the glass at the exit.
thijsseh and fluffymitten like this.
Old Dec 20, 17, 12:46 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
Like @skywardhunter When short on time I usually head to the champagne bar (into the gates, stay to the right, go all the way to end and make a right), get a glass, and drink it on the way out since it's a good 5 minute walk each direction, and drop off the glass at the exit.
Very efficient!
Old Dec 21, 17, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
Like @skywardhunter said, if you arrive at a "real gate" in B or very close C you might be able to get a glass in. When short on time I usually head to the champagne bar (into the gates, stay to the right, go all the way to end and make a right), get a glass, and drink it on the way out since it's a good 5 minute walk each direction, and drop off the glass at the exit.
Top tip, thank you!