Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1:05 transit in DXB - process?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jowlymonster
The other half suggested pretty much the same thing. Sounds handier than queuing for a cab!
That Marhaba service is for the DXB transit, not PEK arrival...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
That Marhaba service is for the DXB transit, not PEK arrival...
I did wonder, from the name- she's going to tell me the one she uses at PEK (her company arranged it)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Just to round this off- all went ok. We landed at a B gate, and the PEK departure was from C.
There was indeed a member of ground staff there to meet us, but all she actually did was walk us to the other gate- the main benefit being we were taken to an otherwise closed area to do the security check rather than the general purpose one for all connections. Thanks for the pointers though, I felt more relaxed having an idea of what the process was likely to be!
Beijing was interesting, would have been nice to have an extra day or two though! Lot's of photos to sift through on the computer when I get home from work.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:54 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by jowlymonster
Just to round this off- all went ok. We landed at a B gate, and the PEK departure was from C.
There was indeed a member of ground staff there to meet us, but all she actually did was walk us to the other gate- the main benefit being we were taken to an otherwise closed area to do the security check rather than the general purpose one for all connections. Thanks for the pointers though, I felt more relaxed having an idea of what the process was likely to be!
Beijing was interesting, would have been nice to have an extra day or two though! Lot's of photos to sift through on the computer when I get home from work.
Hi jowlymonster

Good to hear back from you and glad everything went alright and you had a good time.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.