Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No bourbon in business?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by #1son
on the A380 flights, there is usually a 1st class passenger who can be coaxed to demand being served some bourbon, Dom Perignon or Paradis at the bar ;-)

on a recent DXB to HK flight I enjoyed a few glasses of Paradis Imperial (USD 1000 a bottle) cognac with a friendly 1st class passenger
I know what my response would be if somebody tried to "coax" me into sharing my F beverages
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I know what my response would be if somebody tried to "coax" me into sharing my F beverages
Must bring a brown envelope in case you are on the flight
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Would it depend on how young and attractive she is, and if you were flying solo?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I always drink Jack Daniels in EK J, and even in Y, not sure where the problem is with the OP not being able to drink Bourbon.

Hopefully this hasn't changed since my last flight in July.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JTPictureman
I always drink Jack Daniels in EK J, and even in Y, not sure where the problem is with the OP not being able to drink Bourbon.

Hopefully this hasn't changed since my last flight in July.
Jack is not bourbon. Different drink. Jack is far sweeter.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Jack is not bourbon. Different drink. Jack is far sweeter.
Damn, that's embarrassing. Never noticed that.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I raised this with some pursers recently and they all keenly filled in a report about how Jack Daniels is not bourbon and therefore the J menu should change to reflect that. Sadly the complaint didn't result in a glass of Woodford Reserve, but it will be interesting to see if anything happens. Embarrassing for a company that is usually sensitive to regional food/bev.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla
I raised this with some pursers recently and they all keenly filled in a report about how Jack Daniels is not bourbon and therefore the J menu should change to reflect that. Sadly the complaint didn't result in a glass of Woodford Reserve, but it will be interesting to see if anything happens. Embarrassing for a company that is usually sensitive to regional food/bev.
Jack Daniels is one of the more popular whiskey's in the US, I would not want it replaced by Woodford Reserve personally. I would be OK with Bulleit or Makers Mark, with Woodford being "ok".
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:37 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Jack Daniels is one of the more popular whiskey's in the US, I would not want it replaced by Woodford Reserve personally. I would be OK with Bulleit or Makers Mark, with Woodford being "ok".
Whiskey is a different drink to bourbon.

Woodford Reserve is in first.

I did ask how they made the cocktail with bourbon and they said with JD which is just wrong.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Whiskey is a different drink to bourbon.

Woodford Reserve is in first.

I did ask how they made the cocktail with bourbon and they said with JD which is just wrong.
https://www.makersmark.com/
Welcome to the home of Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Our handmade whisky is carefully crafted for your enjoyment in Loretto, Kentucky.

Bulleit Frontier Whiskey: Whiskey | Kentucky Whiskey
https://www.bulleit.com/
Some years ago, I fulfilled a lifelong dream of reviving an old family bourbon recipe by starting the Bulleit Distilling Company. Bulleit Frontier Whiskey creates award winning Bourbons, learn more about the tasting notes for Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Bourbon 10 Year.

These two distillers think they are bourbon whisky or bourbon whiskey. Now I'm really confused.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
https://www.makersmark.com/
Welcome to the home of Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Our handmade whisky is carefully crafted for your enjoyment in Loretto, Kentucky.

Bulleit Frontier Whiskey: Whiskey | Kentucky Whiskey
https://www.bulleit.com/
Some years ago, I fulfilled a lifelong dream of reviving an old family bourbon recipe by starting the Bulleit Distilling Company. Bulleit Frontier Whiskey creates award winning Bourbons, learn more about the tasting notes for Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Bourbon 10 Year.

These two distillers think they are bourbon whisky or bourbon whiskey. Now I'm really confused.
I've been to enough bourbon distilleries and heard the spiel many times. There are certain conditions such as 51% corn, and single use barrel etc that must be met for something to be called bourbon (much like the designation of "champagne"). At the end of the day all bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon.
JTPictureman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.