Connection on FlyDubai

Old Aug 16, 17, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Connection on FlyDubai

I'm sure many encountered this before....

Buying a ticket to Muscat but turns out for the return trip, the timing for FZ from Muscat to Dubai is better in terms of connecting to the EK flight home and the flight rules actually allow me to fly FZ from Muscat to Dubai. Muscat is not listed at https://www.emirates.com/english/pla..._flydubai.aspx for the purpose of "through connections".

- I assume bags are checked all the way from Muscat to final destination on EK when I check in at Flydubai counter in Muscat.
- Where would I get the onward boarding pass from Dubai to my final destination ?
- Any recent feedback on going from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 in Dubai and how fast it would be ?

(It's interesting how emirates.com would not show the FZ flight from Muscat to Dubai, but the flight shows up on Ctrip)
Old Aug 16, 17, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
No specific knowledge regarding this route, but BP would be at transit security at T3 most likely, where the bus from T2 will drop you off (there's a row of connections counters and clear signage, you'd see this connecting regularly EK>EK as well so probably know what I mean). You could also use a mobile BP, get a reprint at the lounge if you're already checked in, or get it at the connections desk after security. BP is not checked while passing security.

T2>T3 AFAIK is still a crappy 18 or so seater shuttle bus. It's about a 98km drive, so it'll take you 30ish minutes, including waiting for the bus initially. It stops at Concourse D enroute AFAIK and probably spits you out at central transit security for B.
Old Aug 16, 17, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

So assume I would have checked in online for my connection from DXB and would have printed a boarding pass of some sort and that I won't need to go to transfer counter to get EK boarding pass.

What you are saying is that just waiting for shuttle bus and actually taking the shuttle bus to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 airside - I should budget at least 60 minutes ?
Old Aug 16, 17, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by zhaobao View Post
So assume I would have checked in online for my connection from DXB and would have printed a boarding pass of some sort and that I won't need to go to transfer counter to get EK boarding pass.

What you are saying is that just waiting for shuttle bus and actually taking the shuttle bus to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 airside - I should budget at least 60 minutes ?
Yes that seems safe, and would include clearing security at T3. The queues before security at T3 to get a BP printed always look pretty short, and if you have the EK app you should be able to get the BP on there, no need to print anything.

It could all be done in 20 if the timing works perfectly (not much less as it is unfortunately about a 15 minute drive across (all the way around the runways to the opposite side of the airfield at an excruciatingly slow pace)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: