Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards or Qatar Privilege Club - Where to credit Qantas Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; EK Skywards Gold

Hi there,

I am a bit lost on where would be best to credit my miles for my upcoming CMB-AKL-CMB trip. The flight is operated by Emirates (CMB-SIN) and Qantas (SIN-SYD-AKL).

I have Skywards Gold and Privilige Club Platinum Status and fly both airlines roughly the same amount of times in a year. I've read some comments that QR doesn't really convert miles flown on QF in good way but could not really manage a comparison between my two options.

Any experts here who could help me out?
Thanks and have a good day everybody,
Tina
Old May 31, 2017, 11:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi flyingtina

Did you buy the flights as EK or QF? This will have a bearing on what FF programme you would be able to credit the miles to.

If a QF ticket operated by EK & QF then I am sure you would have to stick with the OW/QR programme. If an EK ticket operated by EK & QF then it would be Skywards programme.

S
Old May 31, 2017, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Hi Saltire74,

Thank you for your reply!
It's a QF ticket but it lets me choose the membership programm of all Oneworld and partner airlines - so I have the choice.
Does anybody have a clue what makes more sense?

Thank you!
Old May 31, 2017, 9:25 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
In my mind, that would make it a bit easier to credit to either programme because I don't think you would be able to credit to QR if it was an EK ticket.

Which one could do with mileage and points? What's your flying outlook for the membership year in either programme? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the earning rates so you would be better having a look to see what would earn in each one as partner awards and then decide.

I hope that makes a little sense but please let us know what you decide.

S
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
In my mind, that would make it a bit easier to credit to either programme because I don't think you would be able to credit to QR if it was an EK ticket.

Which one could do with mileage and points? What's your flying outlook for the membership year in either programme? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the earning rates so you would be better having a look to see what would earn in each one as partner awards and then decide.

I hope that makes a little sense but please let us know what you decide.

S
OP gave an approximation of his flying patterns in both airlines in the first post and mentioned that he/she isn't aware of the specific earning rates hence asking for advice here.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by flyingtina
Hi there,

I am a bit lost on where would be best to credit my miles for my upcoming CMB-AKL-CMB trip. The flight is operated by Emirates (CMB-SIN) and Qantas (SIN-SYD-AKL).

I have Skywards Gold and Privilige Club Platinum Status and fly both airlines roughly the same amount of times in a year. I've read some comments that QR doesn't really convert miles flown on QF in good way but could not really manage a comparison between my two options.

Any experts here who could help me out?
Thanks and have a good day everybody,
Tina
You mention it's QF ticketed - you don't really have a choice in where you credit based on that. There's no way to credit to EK off a QF flight number, so credit to Qatars Privilege Club
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:02 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
OP gave an approximation of his flying patterns in both airlines in the first post and mentioned that he/she isn't aware of the specific earning rates hence asking for advice here.
With all due respect skywardhunter, and no disrespect to the OP (trying not to be BA FTish here), the OP knows their flying pattern more accurately than we do and knows which programme needs the more maintenance so to say such as membership year expiry and points needed to maintain their level in both programmes. We all come on here for a bit of help and advice and is gratefully appreciated by the majority but a bit of self help doesn't go amiss either. The OP should have access to the earning tables for QR travelling on QF and only they can make the ultimate decision. Being blunt and being construed as being unhelpful isn't my style and was, if anything, trying to nudge the OP by taking those factors I mentioned into consideration in a softly softly manner to have a look and find the information and make an informed decision.

If my post was unhelpful then I apologise but I don't see the need for my post to be quoted only without trying to be helpful to the OP.

Originally Posted by Reds2011
You mention it's QF ticketed - you don't really have a choice in where you credit based on that. There's no way to credit to EK off a QF flight number, so credit to Qatars Privilege Club
I was under the impression that as an airline partner, QF tickets could be credited to EK Skywards unless I've read the EK webpage wrong and misunderstood. This from the earning with partners page. Re-reading again, not sure about status miles....

QantasEarn up to 1.5 Miles per mile flown
Start redeeming at 16,000 MilesAvailable

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
I'm quite certain you can credit QF flights to EK, just no tier miles
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond
If you want Qpoints, credit to QR but if you don't mind the lack of Tier Miles, credit to EK. Personally I'd credit to QR if you can.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi everybody, thank you for all your replies!
I'll credit to QR because I'll get the QPoints there.
My Emirates contact told me I would get Skyward miles only for segments flown on EK, so only the CMB-SIN leg which wouldn't make much sense as so many miles would go to waste.
Excited to try Qantas for the first time, even though I just got downgraded to Gold on Privilege Club, so no First Class Lounge in Sydney :'-(

Have a nice day!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Not knowing anything about the QR program, I would credit blindly on QR. The EK FF program is a scam and not worth bothering about (regarding earning miles).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:49 pm

Can anyone confirm that QF-marketed EK-operated flights would post anything to QR program?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
Can anyone confirm that QF-marketed EK-operated flights would post anything to QR program?
Given the terrible scam that QRPC is are you sure you want to do that?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
A question for the QR forum. Not the EK or QF forum

QF marketed EK operated flights do credit to QF, BA & AA ffp.
But you need to check if its the same for QR ffp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.