Upgrade with miles at Check-In?

Old May 17, 17, 3:41 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Upgrade with miles at Check-In?

Hi All,

I did a search, but couldn't seem to find a clear cut answer. I'm booked on LHR-DXB in a couple of weeks in J (Saver Fare), and it's looking pretty open in F yet no award upgrade availability.

If there are still seats left at check-in, will they let me upgrade with miles? (No status)

Cheers,

Gabrca
Old May 17, 17, 7:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Gabrca View Post
Hi All,

I did a search, but couldn't seem to find a clear cut answer. I'm booked on LHR-DXB in a couple of weeks in J (Saver Fare), and it's looking pretty open in F yet no award upgrade availability.

If there are still seats left at check-in, will they let me upgrade with miles? (No status)

Cheers,

Gabrca
Possibly - go to the EK desk not check in and ask, they may put you on a list and you may only get confirmation as you board.

On the other hand please keep trying - I've got a flight I want to upgrade to and EK are making it increasingly difficult even for us plats to get seats.
Old May 18, 17, 5:59 am
Suspended

A quick search of the Emirates FAQs might have answered this:

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...s-in-any-cabin

Subject to seat availability, not upgrade inventory, however like m3red says recently they've been waiting until boarding to confirm in case they get a last minute revenue pax.
Old May 18, 17, 6:46 am

Programs: skywards
Originally Posted by Gabrca View Post
Hi All,

Cheers,

Gabrca
Call them up and do it over the phone. I did this yesterday (book J saver and upgraded to F for both wife and I).
Old May 18, 17, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by haaris195 View Post
Call them up and do it over the phone. I did this yesterday (book J saver and upgraded to F for both wife and I).
That only works if there is availability or you get lucky
Old May 18, 17, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
That only works if there is availability or you get lucky
Yeah exactly - depends how busy the flight is - if there is availability you are all good but EK have been increasingly difficult with F reward space.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: