Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What? Cannot seem to book for the price quoted in matrix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, LH Hon, Spg plat

Has anyone experienced this before. I am trying to book dus-dxb-cmb or dus-dxb-cmb on several different dates. At the end only when you have to confirm the purchase a message appears that the fare is not available anymore and
the price has risen. I tried a few dates but it does this "trick" all the time. This is with a stop-over. Direct it doesn't seem to have this "hick-up".

Would slightly more customer friendly, if it would do this before, or better yet not at all and quote the correct prices straight away.

And can somebody please explain why you have to pay a 10 euro fee when departing from a German airport and you pay online with a cc?
Old May 14, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sammies
Has anyone experienced this before. I am trying to book dus-dxb-cmb or dus-dxb-cmb on several different dates. At the end only when you have to confirm the purchase a message appears that the fare is not available anymore and
the price has risen. I tried a few dates but it does this "trick" all the time. This is with a stop-over. Direct it doesn't seem to have this "hick-up".

Would slightly more customer friendly, if it would do this before, or better yet not at all and quote the correct prices straight away.

And can somebody please explain why you have to pay a 10 euro fee when departing from a German airport and you pay online with a cc?
DUS-DXB-CMB or DUS-DXB-CMB?

CC fees are charged in various countries.

It sometimes happens that ITA is not up to date, I've had this happen. Are you indicating however that EK shows the correct (ITA) price and then changes it? The fact you're adding the stopover may impact. Specific dates would help others to replicate and or troubleshoot the issue.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sammies

With the stopover, your stop is at least 24 hours ?

If the stop is less than 24 hours and not a stopover but a transit. With a transit, it is possible that the availability for the flights searched for as A-C via B may not be the same as the standalone availability A-B and then B-C

If you are searching on a sector by sector basis, it will be finding availability and giving prices based on the booking classes available on a sector by sector basis. Once the flights have been selected, it may then be finding that the through availability was not the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.