Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK A380-800 crew area

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
EK A380-800 crew area

There's a little doorway at the front of the forward Y cabin on EK A380s that cabin crew emerge from and go into.

It's before the forward toilets, in the middle of the cabin.

Does anyone know what exactly it's used for? Is it just a rest area for the cabin crew?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Under the forward stairs? If so, it's the pursers office.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Yes, under there. But I see many crew go in and out of there. What's in there? A hot tub? A water bed? The entrance seems to be tiny!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Yes, under there. But I see many crew go in and out of there. What's in there? A hot tub? A water bed? The entrance seems to be tiny!
Nothing but a small desk as far as I know.

Unless the newer A380's have a different setup?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Aha, I found an image here:

I thought it was much bigger than that! I see crew going in and out throughout the flight. It seems like there's only enough space for one crew member to be in there, but it seemed like several ended up in there!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Unless the newer A380's have a different setup?
They don't. I was on EUN the other week and it's the same.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:54 pm

One of the main functions inside the workstation is to reset defective IFE which might explain the high traffic flow at times.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:27 am

In my last trip I had clear view to that small room. It is basically a desk and a computer in where the crew can take care of multiple flight functions, like all the announcements, security announcements, lights, etc...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Okay, thanks guys. I'm going to try and take a peep in there when I'm next on an EK flight.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I can assure you that it's not very exciting.

On my very first A380 EK flight some time back, I was given a personal guided tour of the whole of the aircraft (barring the FD of course ....oh and the cargo hold ) by the French Purser, and the 'room' that you're referring to detained us for approximately five seconds.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

It must have been my imagination when I saw lots of crew members popping into that office. I imagined it to be a Tardis-like structure! It's just to allay my curiosity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.