Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Skywards Miles Compensation Levels Awarded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skywards Miles Compensation Levels Awarded

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Lux
This one from a few months ago:

Issue: Flight delay of c. 8 hours DXB > LGW
Travel Class: Business
Complaint Delivery Method: No complaint raised - this was offered by EK
Contact Centre Dealing: DXB
Skywards Membership Level: Gold
Miles awarded: 70,000
That's great... More than a one way F UK-DXB.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:05 am

Issue: Broken F seat (no ICE, no light, doors not closing, seat not reclining) for 13 hours.
Travel Class: First
Complaint Delivery Method: Via Email
Miles awarded: 85,000
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Touki
Issue: Broken F seat (no ICE, no light, doors not closing, seat not reclining) for 13 hours.
13hrs? Rough!

Hopefully the crew took good care of you at least...
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Touki
Were you informed before boarding that the seat was broken ?
Was J full ? (At least, you can lie down)

I can't imagine myself seating straight during 13 hours ! ! !
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:38 pm

Actually it broke just after takeoff. F was full and they didnt suggest moving to J. The cabin crew did their best and rebooted the system several times, called the technicians on ground and all but it didnt work. We had a stopover after 9h and an engineer got on board to try to fix it but nothing could be done.

It was a day flight and the seat could only be put upright or laid flat manually by the purser. I chose to lay flat during the entire flight and would just put it in an upright position for lunch or eventually during the last 2 hours (u

It was my worst flight ever but I don't blame EK at all, technology is unpredictable and everyone on board seemed genuinely sorry.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:26 am

Issue: Flight delay of 1 day.
Complaint Delivery Method: No complaint raised - this was offered by EK
Skywards Membership Level: Plat
Miles awarded: 75,000

Sat on the plane for c 4 hours while they tried to work out the issue. Eventually were all had to get off and hotels etc were organised. Emirates seemed to handle things very well, hotels etc were organised within minutes.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: EK, QF, AF/KL, BA, SPG
Wanted to share a string of negative experiences I've had recently with EK to get your opinions on whether I've got a 'leg-to-stand-on' so to speak in lodging a complaint with EK looking for compensation. I've had several poor experiences with them recently and have chosen to give business elsewhere as a result of this so I do feel that compensation by way of a token of good measure would go a long way in terms of loyalty from me.

Here they are:

- Extreme inconsistencies and incompetence of the UAE EK Call Centre Staff, been told things while looking to upgrade from Y to J that are simply not true ("all unsold seats are released 48 hours before departure for skywards upgrades" / "yes Skysurfers can log into Emirates.com" )

- Also been told that I could upgrade online which I went to do and after encountering an error calling EK and being told that I cannot upgrade online with a SAVER fare

- I was also disgusted to find out that SkySurfers (myself included, although not for much longer - thank god) are unable to transfer miles, upgrade online, or do an instant upgrade onboard the aircraft.

I'm aware that these issues aren't huge but as a whole have happened to me time and time again and have made for some seriously inconvenient experiences with EK. Do you guys feel it would be worth complaining / seeking compensation?

(I'm a Silver btw, and a full skywards member in about 2 hours time)
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lucafrost
Wanted to share a string of negative experiences I've had recently with EK to get your opinions on whether I've got a 'leg-to-stand-on' so to speak in lodging a complaint with EK looking for compensation. I've had several poor experiences with them recently and have chosen to give business elsewhere as a result of this so I do feel that compensation by way of a token of good measure would go a long way in terms of loyalty from me.

Here they are:

- Extreme inconsistencies and incompetence of the UAE EK Call Centre Staff, been told things while looking to upgrade from Y to J that are simply not true ("all unsold seats are released 48 hours before departure for skywards upgrades" / "yes Skysurfers can log into Emirates.com" )

- Also been told that I could upgrade online which I went to do and after encountering an error calling EK and being told that I cannot upgrade online with a SAVER fare

- I was also disgusted to find out that SkySurfers (myself included, although not for much longer - thank god) are unable to transfer miles, upgrade online, or do an instant upgrade onboard the aircraft.

I'm aware that these issues aren't huge but as a whole have happened to me time and time again and have made for some seriously inconvenient experiences with EK. Do you guys feel it would be worth complaining / seeking compensation?

(I'm a Silver btw, and a full skywards member in about 2 hours time)
48 hours before departure one can upgrade on a space-available basis, i.e. all available seats is a relatively accurate description.

Further, Saver fares can usually not be upgraded until check-in opens.

Why would you want to transfer miles at a cost of $25/1000 miles at all?

Sounds like we don't have the full story.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:01 pm

I expect that unless your surname indicates you are from an influential local family, I would expect EK to give you 0 compensation and say "thank you for your feedback".

I'm afraid that most of the issues you raised are well pointed out before purchase, e.g.:

- saver fares cannot be upgraded until check-in
- Skysurfers terms and conditions are readily available

The website does of course suck.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
48 hours before departure one can upgrade on a space-available basis, i.e. all available seats is a relatively accurate description.

Further, Saver fares can usually not be upgraded until check-in opens.

Why would you want to transfer miles at a cost of $25/1000 miles at all?

Sounds like we don't have the full story.
not true on busy flights
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
not true on busy flights
That's the recently reported operational truth, in terms of published policy/benefit it's still technically space-available.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: EK Plat
Broken ICE. Flying F. No other seats in F available (well there was one available but ICE was broken on that seat too). 11 hour flight. 65,000 miles compensation.

Seat foot rest broken, tray table not opening/closing properly, power socket not functioning at all. Flying J. Again no other seats available. 7 hour flight. 15,000 miles compensation.

Both on extremely old airframes. On the latter flight (an A380) the toilet door latches were falling apart too. Lots of other passengers had seat issues and the purser was both apologetic and quite embarrassed. I really think a lot of the older frames are in dire need of some proper maintenance.

Frankly I was far more inconvenienced by the latter experience than the former but I've always found compensation amounts to be completely random.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Both on extremely old airframes. On the latter flight (an A380) the toilet door latches were falling apart too. Lots of other passengers had seat issues and the purser was both apologetic and quite embarrassed. I really think a lot of the older frames are in dire need of some proper maintenance.
Recent experience on a old A380 config was just appalling. J seat was falling apart as well , clearly EK engineering has been onboard with a role of electrical wiring tape strapping things up. Clearly must of run out as the side bins were broken and not strapped down , always fun listening to those things rattle for 6hrs during turbulent weather. One crew member tried to see the lighter side in it by pretending the lose magazine pocket was the new tray table :P ...

One of the reasons I'm flying QR J next year , potentially losing Plat status.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
New to posting on the forum after taking the occasional look for a few months now but thought id share this from a few months ago

I travel between MAN - CPT 3-4 times per year now working out in CPT for majority of the year.

Issue: Flight overbooked in J on the CPT-DXB Leg, DXB-MAN was fine
Complaint Delivery Method: No complaint raised - this was offered by EK on the ground in CPT
Skywards Membership Level: Silver at the time
Miles awarded: 25,000 + Return ticket MAN - CPT in Business

seeing as I work out in CPT and my company pay for my trips, I was able to swap the destination to Bali at no extra cost which i took earlier this year.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by dannyc7
New to posting on the forum after taking the occasional look for a few months now but thought id share this from a few months ago

I travel between MAN - CPT 3-4 times per year now working out in CPT for majority of the year.

Issue: Flight overbooked in J on the CPT-DXB Leg, DXB-MAN was fine
Complaint Delivery Method: No complaint raised - this was offered by EK on the ground in CPT
Skywards Membership Level: Silver at the time
Miles awarded: 25,000 + Return ticket MAN - CPT in Business

seeing as I work out in CPT and my company pay for my trips, I was able to swap the destination to Bali at no extra cost which i took earlier this year.
Welcome, hope to see you around more often!

Your post isn't quite clear on what exactly happened, you were downgraded to Y? Or IDB'd?

EK offer a free return ticket in the same class of travel for IDB comp, haven't heard of it for a downgrade. Especially with switch to DPS as destination that's an excellent deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.