Cannot check-in online

Old Mar 2, 17, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Cannot check-in online

Hey,

I tried to check-in online yesterday and the system denied it (like checkin is not open yet...). Now I'm getting this confusing message "Sorry, you cannot check-in online as you are connecting from another flight or another airline. Please check-in at the airport". Although this journey is 100% on Emirates.

I don't really mind about not checking-in online (as it might not change anything..), but that message is scaring me.

Anybody got this message before? What can I expect?

I'm kind of scared that the flight is super duper over booked, and we will be bumped out...

We are gold + blue in Y flex

cheers!

Last edited by simonoch; Mar 2, 17 at 11:16 pm
Old Mar 2, 17, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Could be a simple error , or a op-up might be on the cards if the flight is full. What flight you going on , more info will help.
Old Mar 2, 17, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm on 2 flights but the one that looks like overbooked is EK75 to CDG (04 march)
Old Mar 2, 17, 11:35 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Blue, FB Silver, Shebamiles, Blue
I seem to recall having that message before. What are you using to try and check in? Desktop or App? In the end, I was able to do OLCI, but in your situation, having a Y flex, maybe you're getting earmarked for an OpUp (but don't get your hopes up) and being Gold and Blue decreases chances of IDB.

Have you done any changes to the itinerary? Maybe a call to the call centre to check everything is okay with your tickets.

Hope everything is okay but please report back.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 2, 17, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

I used both website and app. No changes at all on the journey.

The call center did not brought me any explaination.

Indeed, that's why I'm scared. I actually don't expect a op-up that much, as I am traveling with a blue... Especially with the new rules.

Does being Gold really change something with IDB?

Last edited by simonoch; Mar 2, 17 at 11:47 pm
Old Mar 2, 17, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by simonoch View Post
I used both website and app. No changes at all on the journey.

The call center did not brought me any explaination.

Indeed, that's why I'm scared. I actually don't expect a op-up that much, as I am traveling with a blue... Especially with the new rules.

Does being Gold really change something with IDB?
Skywards members are less likely to be IDB'd over non members, The new rules for OpUps go by ticket type now and not membership level. There are stories of non members/blues on Y flex being upgraded over Silver/ Gold savers.

A fair bet you'll be on the flight. My advice would be to make sure you get to the airport when check in opens if you are still unable to do OLCI.

S
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
Skywards members are less likely to be IDB'd over non members, The new rules for OpUps go by ticket type now and not membership level. There are stories of non members/blues on Y flex being upgraded over Silver/ Gold savers.

A fair bet you'll be on the flight. My advice would be to make sure you get to the airport when check in opens if you are still unable to do OLCI.

S
Yep I know the new rules. I meant, there must be several Y Flex Plus over us. Especially skywards members Silver+

Well, will see. Thanks for replying.
I'll keep you all posted
Hope I'll get that flight !
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:20 am
Moderator, Emirates

Yep I know the new rules. I meant, there must be several Y Flex Plus over us. Especially skywards members Silver+

Well, will see. Thanks for replying.
I'll keep you all posted
Hope I'll get that flight !
Not necessarily. I was surprised on my last flight DXB-GLA. It was showing as full in Y until OLCI. Had been trying for a miles upgrade on this leg but to no avail. Was on a Y flex so was hoping I was in with a shout for an OpUp. Didn't happen. Had an exit row seat so had plenty of legroom anyway and as it turned out, the other two seats in the row were available. Seen a few status holders on this route in the past so was quite surprised when the Purser came to me and said there was a full row a few rows behind and he had blanketed them off for me if I wanted the space to lie down. Turned out I was the highest status holder in Y on a nearly full flight.

S
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Not necessarily. I was surprised on my last flight DXB-GLA. It was showing as full in Y until OLCI. Had been trying for a miles upgrade on this leg but to no avail. Was on a Y flex so was hoping I was in with a shout for an OpUp. Didn't happen. Had an exit row seat so had plenty of legroom anyway and as it turned out, the other two seats in the row were available. Seen a few status holders on this route in the past so was quite surprised when the Purser came to me and said there was a full row a few rows behind and he had blanketed them off for me if I wanted the space to lie down. Turned out I was the highest status holder in Y on a nearly full flight.

S
Suprising indeed...!
So you were the only Gold member on that flight in Y?
The purser told you?
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:35 am
Moderator, Emirates

Suprising indeed...!
So you were the only Gold member on that flight in Y?
The purser told you?
Yes, a little chat with him later and asked in a lighthearted manner if I got the free row because I was the only Gold and he said yes. I was surprised. I had noticed after priority boarding and being the first in Y that only a couple of others came shortly after me and had had Silver tags before the normal mass boarding started.

There are quite a few business travellers on that route but also a lot of once a year holidaymakers to the likes of BKK and Oz and the large families travelling to India and Pakistan.

S
Old Mar 3, 17, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Yes, a little chat with him later and asked in a lighthearted manner if I got the free row because I was the only Gold and he said yes. I was surprised. I had noticed after priority boarding and being the first in Y that only a couple of others came shortly after me and had had Silver tags before the normal mass boarding started.

There are quite a few business travellers on that route but also a lot of once a year holidaymakers to the likes of BKK and Oz and the large families travelling to India and Pakistan.

S
Well that's super kind of him to give you a free row!
So, did you move ?

I guess that flight is full because it's the end of french holidays, and there must be a lot of tourists going back to France. I presume...

Back to work
Old Mar 3, 17, 2:20 am
Moderator, Emirates

Well that's super kind of him to give you a free row!
So, did you move ?

I guess that flight is full because it's the end of french holidays, and there must be a lot of tourists going back to France. I presume...

Back to work
Yes, I moved and managed to get a few hours sleep too

S
Old Mar 3, 17, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

I think the problem was just that the CI is managed by "Air Seychelles". Every PAX must have been in my situation @:-) I have a "Air Seychelles" boarding pass (as well as for the DXB-CDG flight), without any mention of my EK status. And this is a EK 777 aircraft.

It's kind a confusion out there. They did not even put the business priority tag on my friend's luggage, although I asked. The agent refused. (they did in Paris, without asking...). Actually they always put that tag when i'm traveling with a blue friend. And it took ages to get a Exit row seat...

... and... I had to mention that I have a lounge guest... So she simply wrote "x2" on the invitation card

Can't wait for the boarding to see what kind of mess it must be

Cheers
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

so, no priority lane for business/first pax
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:33 pm
Moderator, Emirates

so, no priority lane for business/first pax
Terrible . Good show. Enjoy the flights.

S

Search this Thread