Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How low can Delta go? Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by fly18725
I'll ignore your off base facts and offer a final thought: no airline maintains a material amount of spares at an outstation. The industry has long depended on "sharing" of spare parts. By sharing, I mean parts are sold or rented per ubiquitous industry-standard agreements.
There is only one fact, part is the property of DL.

Sure there is a long standing tradition of sharing parts, but that is still a honor system among friends, not to help foes.

Now that DL put a lock on cookie jar, which industry-standard agreement will help EK.

For an airline which spends $5 Million/yr on wines and $1.7B to $3.2B on marketing, buying and stocking own parts at all 150 stations shouldn't be a problem.

About sharing in UAE, EK and FZ always get prime time slots at DXB season after season, but others who have been begging for few prime time slots for years should settle with leftovers. Always gives a bs reason that slots being handled by an independent world famous slot manager, and everyone knows it is bs but going along with that theory.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by avcritic
You don't have any issue with EK's toddler drama, or the click bait title or 18 biased comments before mine but have serious issue with my comments.
I haven't been back to look, but that's probably because the prior 18 comments didn't come from posters with anything like your posting history.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by avcritic
There is only one fact, part is the property of DL.

Sure there is a long standing tradition of sharing parts, but that is still a honor system among friends, not to help foes.

Now that DL put a lock on cookie jar, which industry-standard agreement will help EK.

For an airline which spends $5 Million/yr on wines and $1.7B to $3.2B on marketing, buying and stocking own parts at all 150 stations shouldn't be a problem.

About sharing in UAE, EK and FZ always get prime time slots at DXB season after season, but others who have been begging for few prime time slots for years should settle with leftovers. Always gives a bs reason that slots being handled by an independent world famous slot manager, and everyone knows it is bs but going along with that theory.
You do realise that coming up with random bizarre facts and figures does not help your argument one iota?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:30 am

Again this is not a Barney's Sharing is Caring moment.

DL has Engineering presence at lot of US airports and services lot of airlines. Picking a fight with DL in no way going to help EK. You cannot source every single part by avoiding the largest source. Apple learned same lesson the hard way with Samsung.

So stop crying wolf or cut down on China farmed Iranian Caviar and start stocking parts. B6,AS or UA may not be able to come to rescue all the time.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Sharing pool spares in the past is not directly relevant I think because DL's public position is that this was the last part available in their inventory - we would expect them not to give it out to anyone in that case.

I think we can agree that DL should know what's in their part inventory at all times.

So, when EK's contractor comes and asks DL for the part, they would know at that point whether it's the last part or not.

If it's the last part, they say "no, you can't have it" and EK's contractor goes on their way to find it from someone else.

What happened instead was DL saying "yes, you can have it", and then later on, after it's installed, hours later, DL changing their mind and saying "no, we want it back".

It is reasonable to expect DL to know at the point of the request whether the part can be sold or not. Spinning it as a mistake, or to cover up a mistake by deflecting blame is indicative of the pettiness that EK want to highlight.

EK going to Bloomberg is a different matter - they also aren't above making some PR noise out of what they perceive as deliberate time-wasting on DL's part, to try and portray DL as their petty nemesis who will stop at nothing to try to undermine EK in any way they can.

We both know that both airlines are trying to sway public opinion through every outlet they can to get what they want (DL to have EK shut out of deploying more capacity to the US, EK to continue to operate fifth-freedoms EU/US) - and given the current US administration's fondness for citing the court of public opinion, it is a rational strategy, imho.

Bang on the money this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.