Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates seems desperate to generate more revenue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates seems desperate to generate more revenue

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
Virgin and Royal Brunei are also in the equation on LHR-DXB.

That cargo figure is interesting - where did you find that?

75% still seems a shockingly high figure to be the breakeven.

Well I am willing to take your word on that, but I do stand by my defence of anecdotal evidence being challenged.
For cargo capacity or yields?

Cargo capacity for EK can be found on Skycargo's website.

Their cargo yield per ton can be calculated from their annual report just released: 10,592m AED of cargo revenue and 2,577,000 tons carried.

I agree anecdotal evidence tends to not be reliable - however, their own breakeven load factor for last year is available from them.

I wasn't entirely clear - I apologise. EK's passenger seat factor was 75.1%, which is down from 76.5% the year before.

However, their breakeven load factor on a capacity basis (tonnage - pax and cargo) was 64.5% and they only managed a load factor of 65% on that score.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.