FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Your Operational Upgrades Experience 2017 - Please Post Here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1812235-your-operational-upgrades-experience-2017-please-post-here.html)

Saltire74 Jan 2, 2017 1:40 am

Your Operational Upgrades Experience 2017 - Please Post Here

Hi All

Another new thread for 2017. Please post your 2017 Operational Upgrade experiences here.

Please see the wiki for format details for ease of reading. Of course, discussion is welcome too.

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74

skywardhunter Jan 2, 2017 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 27691215)
Of course, discussion is welcome too.

Is it? We had a few people get a bit annoyed by our posts last year when we were discussing and not postiing op-up stats :D

Assume you're still working on the wiki?

Saltire74 Jan 2, 2017 1:53 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27691221)
Is it? We had a few people get a bit annoyed by our posts last year when we were discussing and not postiing op-up stats :D

Assume you're still working on the wiki?

Discussion of OpUps is always welcome :D. It would be rather boring and jealousy inducing for us poor FTers that have never had an OpUp :p and given the less reporting, we need to talk about it to set the OpUp world to rights.

Wiki done.

S

kmd0506 Jan 2, 2017 4:07 am

The op-up gods have been smiling on me lately (or maybe it's that I've ended up with a lot of flex-plus legs) but this is upgrade #4 out of 6 flights in the last two weeks.

Upgrade given: Y - J
Upgrade location: Check-in
Route: DXB-BAH
Flight number: EK833
Type of ticket: Flex-Plus
Date of travel: 01 Jan
Tier status: Gold
Tier miles to date: 90,ish
Skywards miles balance: 185,ish
Number of pax on the same PNR (Including OP): 1
Number of pax upgraded: 1

skywardhunter Jan 2, 2017 4:14 am

Originally Posted by kmd0506 (Post 27691461)
The op-up gods have been smiling on me lately (or maybe it's that I've ended up with a lot of flex-plus legs) but this is upgrade #4 out of 6 flights in the last two weeks.

Upgrade location: Check-in
Route: DXB-BAH
Flight number: EK833
Type of ticket: Flex-Plus
Date of travel: 01 Jan
Tier status: Gold
Tier miles to date: 90,ish
Skywards miles balance: 185,ish
Number of pax on the same PNR: 0

I think number of pax on same PNR should include yourself, so 1. I noticed some posters posting 0 in the old thread also, which then makes it confusing if a 1 actually means 1 or 2. Maybe it should be rephrased number of other pax.

Saltire74 Jan 2, 2017 4:31 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27691471)
I think number of pax on same PNR should include yourself, so 1. I noticed some posters posting 0 in the old thread also, which then makes it confusing if a 1 actually means 1 or 2. Maybe it should be rephrased number of other pax.

I see what you're saying and have thought that myself at times. I'll change the wiki to say:
No. Of Pax On PNR (Incl. Op):
No. Of Pax Upgraded:

S

kq747 Jan 6, 2017 9:25 am

Upgrade location: Gate
Route: DXB-JFK
Flight number: EK201
Type of ticket: Flex
Date of travel: 05 Jan 17
Tier status: Silver
Tier miles to date: 11,000
Skywards miles balance: 80,000
Number of pax on the same PNR (Including OP): 1

skywardhunter Jan 7, 2017 11:57 pm

I want to record my prediction here, 8 days to go until this flight, EF showing Y0 J7, EK website showing Y sold out, I am on a Flex fare with Gold, I predict I will receive an op-up, let's see what happens!

(Caveat: I've ordered a SPML which I don't usually, curious if this affects it, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...challenge.html)

https://s27.postimg.cc/4xachydwz/opup525.png

ft101 Jan 8, 2017 12:24 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27723799)
EK website showing Y sold out, I am on a Flex fare with Gold, I predict I will receive an op-up, let's see what happens!

I built my hopes up being in this position on two flights yesterday. Unfortunately I ended up with zero from two. I hope you fare better.

skywardhunter Jan 8, 2017 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 27723852)
I built my hopes up being in this position on two flights yesterday. Unfortunately I ended up with zero from two. I hope you fare better.

>50% success rate on this route (in both directions) over the past year!

m3red Jan 8, 2017 2:00 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27723854)
>50% success rate on this route (in both directions) over the past year!

You are asking for trouble being that confident.

I have zero faith in EK op ups these days so I pay for the class I want to fly in.

skywardhunter Jan 8, 2017 2:05 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 27724022)
You are asking for trouble being that confident.

I have zero faith in EK op ups these days so I pay for the class I want to fly in.

I'm 2/2 on this route since the policy change!

larzy1977 Jan 14, 2017 1:04 am

Upgrade location: Gate
Route: DXB-AMS
Flight number: EK147
Date of travel: 12 jan
Tier status: Silver
Tier miles to date: 31000
Skywards miles balance: 37000

Coffee drinker Jan 14, 2017 3:20 am

Upgrade location: check in
Route: FRA - DXB
Flight number: EK048
Date of travel: 04 jan
Tier status: gold
Tier miles to date: 51,000
Skywards miles balance: 40,000
Number of pax upgraded: 2 (travel partner is silver)

Wtravel Jan 14, 2017 6:45 am

Flew DXB-LHR on Jan 11 in Y Flex Plus (not because of upgrade policy, but because no other fare was available and I needed to take that flight) as EK Plat, remained in Y while an EK Gold (no idea which Y fare basis) was bumped up to J...