Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
While Y seat maps are pretty inaccurate I find J and F seat maps to be at least somewhat helpful in guessing loads. If there are several open J seats for example (e.g. >5) but J0 and Y0 to me this usually indicates oversell in Y, but of course it's more of an educated guess as there could be lots of stuff happening in the background that you can't see
I do not think they do this that often as they'd rather bump Y pax than j and get as many paid j fares as possible.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I do not think they do this that often as they'd rather bump Y pax than j and get as many paid j fares as possible.
Actually they do, I've seen it with actual loads. Especially ex EU cost of IDB is higher than the margin on an extra J fare.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Upgrade pre-check-in is impossible to tell, even if J is open. At check-in on space-available basis always an option
Hi! I'm heading to LIS in a couple hours. Any chance you could do a last minute check for me?

If it doesn't work out, I'll go via London on TAP.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by j_r_m
Hi! I'm heading to LIS in a couple hours. Any chance you could do a last minute check for me?

If it doesn't work out, I'll go via London on TAP.
Hey, sorry I don't have direct access myself and just sat down in cinema to watch Assassin's Creed, good luck! Let us know how it turns out
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
How was your experience? The movie I mean, not the flight
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
How was your experience? The movie I mean, not the flight
Meh. It's not amazing but it's entertaining. Bit of a rushed and anticlimactic ending.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:03 am

Meh. It's not amazing but it's entertaining. Bit of a rushed and anticlimactic ending.
Like this thread.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:07 am

Like this thread.
Wait for it...
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:24 am

Wait for it...
Oh yes, because if OP goes via London he might have a really hard time because of the fog

To OP: why go via London when you can go via Madrid, Brussels or Paris?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:24 am

Given current load if there are no no-shows there would be some J-F op-ups as well to accommodate just the revenue pax in Y, so they'd need to double-op-up (Y-J and separately J-F) to accommodate a non-rev, which seems unlikely to me.
Correct!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Let us know how it turns out
I got on

I arrived at check-in just as they were closing, and by some miracle there were still three empty seats. I took one of them. Just to remind everyone Y cabin was 22 seats oversold just yesterday.

J was now full, but they kept F completely empty. So not sure what happened behind the scenes (too much Super Bock the night before, perhaps?) but it worked out nicely for me.

Interestingly I spoke to an off-duty EK cabin crew, who was on standby just in front of me, and they mentioned that they never Op-up pax from J-F.

AS FOR THE TRIP REVIEW! this was the first time I've flown EK Economy Class (or any class of travel) for three years.

On boarding, I felt the crew were not particularly welcoming, compared to my experience with other Gulf carriers, and they seemed to be a bit all-over-the-place.

However, I did end up having a short conversation with two of the crew, and found them to be very nice on a 1-to-1 level.

I'm not a fan of the EK uniforms - specifically the male uniform. Seems a bit off-duty office worker to me.

The seat on this 777 was narrow, but acceptable considering the lady next to me was slender and didn't even seem to want the arm rest! I was on the aisle near the front of the cabin.

The food was very good. I think they were possibly rolling out a new meal service, as when I ordered my post-take off G&T, the FA suggested I take a double, as the meal service trolly wouldn't contain any spirits. Good suggestion! Shame there was no lemon slice though.

The white wine was in a glass bottle, which seemed odd in an age of cost cutting and weight reduction.

We rang in new year somewhere over Bahrain - the cabin crew wished us HNY in all of their various spoken languages. A nice touch, but sadly no champagne was passed round.

Landed in DXB around 1.15am, and had a horrible long bus journey back to the terminal.

I won't bore you with the rest. Overall, a good experience on EK! And renewed optimism for travelling stand-by!

Last edited by ID90_J; Jan 1, 2017 at 1:35 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justatourist
Oh yes, because if OP goes via London he might have a really hard time because of the fog

To OP: why go via London when you can go via Madrid, Brussels or Paris?
My destination is the UAE. London had a lot of capacity on this day so was my best bet, and there are many flights from LIS to LHR.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Like this thread.
well at least there was a happy ending.

Thanks to all that helped in this thread. Specifically @skywardhunter and @eternaltransit^
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:53 am

Interestingly I spoke to an off-duty EK cabin crew, who was on standby just in front of me, and they mentioned that they never Op-up pax from J-F.
Not true, it does happen, but I think they'd be reluctant to do it to accommodate a Y pax in J, however if J were oversold they would, in fact I had a J-F op-up earlier this year.

The food was very good. I think they were possibly rolling out a new meal service, as when I ordered my post-take off G&T, the FA suggested I take a double, as the meal service trolly wouldn't contain any spirits. Good suggestion! Shame there was no lemon slice though.

The white wine was in a glass bottle, which seemed odd in an age of cost cutting and weight reduction.
The food trolley generally doesn't contain drinks IIRC, and what would the wine be served in if not a glass bottle? A box?

Glad you made it, and got an aisle, too which is nice! Bad luck with the bus gate, these days they're not as common as they were a few years ago still. As for the crew, that seems to be more and more the case (not very friendly/welcoming) based on recent reports.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:09 am

They do upgrade j to F but only if they have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.