Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F Pajamas?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by m3red
I agree - you don't need PJs or kits for day flights or short sectors.
X3 but there are some that think they need it. Many I would submit are on points!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
X3 but there are some that think they need it. Many I would submit are on points!
I object to that assertion, we all know aceboy pays hard cash for his F ticket and expects the requisite amenities that he's paid for!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I object to that assertion, we all know aceboy pays hard cash for his F ticket and expects the requisite amenities that he's paid for!
Ok, so in my flights on EK I have seen passengers let's say being a little more assertive in their service requirements. I mean who showers on a 7am flight out of CDG to DXB? Hell I am half awake and certainly not pounding down DP.

Having said that sure a trip on EK might be a once in a lifetime experience for some and that's great. On the other hand I have seen "hackers" being very pushy on flights. We had a flight on Icelandic over Thanksgiving with two bloggers and the reason i knew is they came on and began taking pictures of ever little thing. Then in flight they blackout the windows and set up tri pods to photo shot the entire flight service, and to the point that the rest of us had to complain to the FA. Why appeared to be the lead blogger came on in PJ's. Bragging he snagged a EK First Class bag tag.

If I offended you then I apologize. So called professional bloggers are having an effect on travel in the front. And yes I pay for the majority of my flights internationally and full fare FC domestic. But then I do it the old fashion way " I earn it"
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:10 am

Ok, so in my flights on EK I have seen passengers let's say being a little more assertive in their service requirements. I mean who showers on a 7am flight out of CDG to DXB? Hell I am half awake and certainly not pounding down DP.

Having said that sure a trip on EK might be a once in a lifetime experience for some and that's great. On the other hand I have seen "hackers" being very pushy on flights. We had a flight on Icelandic over Thanksgiving with two bloggers and the reason i knew is they came on and began taking pictures of ever little thing. Then in flight they blackout the windows and set up tri pods to photo shot the entire flight service, and to the point that the rest of us had to complain to the FA. Why appeared to be the lead blogger came on in PJ's. Bragging he snagged a EK First Class bag tag.

If I offended you then I apologize. So called professional bloggers are having an effect on travel in the front. And yes I pay for the majority of my flights internationally and full fare FC domestic. But then I do it the old fashion way " I earn it"
It was just a little inside joke here on the EK forum, nothing to be so serious about
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:58 pm

I mean who showers on a 7am flight out of CDG to DXB?
See post #34 on the previous page.

For a morning flight I will often go straight to the airport from work with no time to shower in the lounge, or perhaps no shower available. On board is the best option.

Just because your travel patterns don't require it, you shouldn't assume the same applies to other passengers.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ft101

For a morning flight I will often go straight to the airport from work with no time to shower in the lounge, or perhaps no shower available. On board is the best option.

Just because your travel patterns don't require it, you shouldn't assume the same applies to other passengers.
You work nights?

I agree with your point, one might be connecting to the CDG-DXB flight from somewhere else, perhaps some oddball place in North Africa that is only served by AF and this was the best route to get to TYO or some other weird routing, it all can happen. Also if rushing to airport one sometimes gets a bit sweaty, perhaps a bit late for the flight, perhaps contract lounge showers not available or not pleasant... I'd pick the clean, sterile, heated flooring shower onboard every time, with the option of putting on some comfy pyjamas, snuggling up on a lie-flat with a cappuchino... sounds like the perfect morning departure to me.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by ft101

EK17 - I sleep for a couple of hours then have a shower.

On my upcoming HND legs I'd kill for a shower....
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You work nights?
Days/nights/weekdays/weekends - a mixture of everything. For my next EK flight (in about 7 weeks) I should finish work at 7:00am, and will leave a few minutes early in order to make it to the airport directly from work.

It's not CDG, it's not A380 and it's not in F, but the principle remains the same.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:14 am

On EK especially with their super-connector model, for any ex-DXB departure, there are going to be people on all sorts of timezones.

ex-CDG means you might rush to the airport at 0545 local time, get on board, go back to sleep, then wake up, shower and be ready for a night of partying
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I'm using the pajama folder as a laptop sleeve.
The pocket at the back is quite useful to put pens and memos
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
In the RTW trip report in my signature I flew 42,000+ miles in 9 days and the last 3 flights were on EK in F.

I can vouch these pajamas are awesome! My skin was so dry after all that flying and the EK PJ's were a game changer. I haven't posted the EK part of my trip yet but when I do I'll be raving about this amenity.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I have to say the pajamas are awesome as well. Got a couple of pairs on a recent trip, and they are fantastic. They wash well, and are super comfy. I also wore them on my SQ A350 flight yesterday (terrible flight, but comfy PJs).
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
How do the M & F PJs differ? I usually get a ladies' amenity kit for my wife on at least one segment, but is there any reason to try the ladies' PJs?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Academic
How do the M & F PJs differ? I usually get a ladies' amenity kit for my wife on at least one segment, but is there any reason to try the ladies' PJs?
Discount Economy and F?

(It's a joke!!}
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Academic
The ladies are very similar to the men's - the only difference I can see is that the ladies ones have very useful pockets in the top!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.