Search

Emirates Skipping Final Leg

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates
Emirates Skipping Final Leg

Hey guys!

Quick question. Let's say I wanted to book Doha-LA and LA-DXB. EK J is much cheaper if I book a return to LA from Doha (through DXB rather than 2 separate flights). Are there any rules against going on the LA-DXB flight and skipping the final leg (DXB-Doha)? Are there any repercussions?

Also can I tell the person at check-in in LA to only send my bags to DXB "so I can give something to a friend who's going to be in the airport"?

Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
There are rules, called the fare rules. There's little recourse EK has however. Try book an itinerary with a long layover in DXB, it should price out the same, then you have an excuse. You could even try using multi city search to build in something like a 2 month stopover in DXB before the DXB-DOH flight, which generally is at no extra cost, and you may find that this way if you need to fly to DOH in the future you can book the flight there effectively for free if you set your date long enough in advance.

So DOH-(DXB)-LAX / LAX-DXB / DXB-DOH
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by TAG2016
Also can I tell the person at check-in in LA to only send my bags to DXB "so I can give something to a friend who's going to be in the airport"?
You may well find that this request is refused (which is why skywardhunters suggestion of buiding a long stopover in DXB on the return is worth following).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
You may well find that this request is refused (which is why skywardhunters suggestion of buiding a long stopover in DXB on the return is worth following).
I was allowed with a 10 hr layover at Dubai.

If its over a 24 hr layover at Dubai they have to check bags to Dubai and not to Doha anyway
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates
Thanks guys, appreciate the tips! Will book with a really long layover!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:05 pm

Can I get my bag back in dubai with ek stop over of 1h25

I have a return ticket lhr - dxb - mct on Thursday with ek.

Layover is 1h25 in dxb

Is there a way for me to get my luggages in dxb and skip the last leg?

I can not wait they unload my bags as i only have 2h in dxb before another flight (separate ticket)
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by dje76

Layover is 1h25 in dxb

I can not wait they unload my bags as i only have 2h in dxb before another flight (separate ticket)
I highly doubt it, but you say anyway you can't wait? I think it'd just be possible if you arrive at the right gate, to get the bag and make the 60 min check-in cut-off... though not sure about switching to T1...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:37 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Layover is 1h25 in dxb

I doubt very much that EK at LHR would short check your bags to DXB if you only have a 1.25 hour layover. What excuse could you use that would possibly work?

What happens to your next flight From DXB if they refuse?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat

Layover is 1h25 in dxb

As other posters have said you'll have hard time finding a good excuse to get your checked luggage back.
I'm having a 1H30 transit quite often, and I can assure you, there is no time to rest, as this gap is calculated between the time your first leg is supposed to land, and the time your second leg is supposed to depart. If you deduct taxiing time and boarding time limit, you have barely 30min to pass security and get to your next gate.

If your first flight lands late, an EK agent will be waiting for you to rush you to the next gate.

Still want to 'see a friend' ?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: EK GOLD, EY GOLD, AZ GOLD, QR SILVER, SPG PLAT
I have done it several time:

1- Make sure that you have the longest possible transfer time (easy to do to DOH, with so many flights),
2- When you check-in at LAX, ask for your luggage at DXB (remember that no aircraft will leave ground with your luggage on board, and you not onboard)
3- Fly the sector, and exit DXB with your luggage,
4- Wait for the flights to be no-showed.
5- Fill the refund form, asking a refund. (only after you have taken all the three legs of your tickets)
6- After 24 Hours call EK asking them to be credited the miles for eg: LAX-DXB (in your case)
- I even got lucky enough several time to get a refund of 30-40 USD (after few weeks)

Cheers,.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
As other posters have said you'll have hard time finding a good excuse to get your checked luggage back.
I'm having a 1H30 transit quite often, and I can assure you, there is no time to rest, as this gap is calculated between the time your first leg is supposed to land, and the time your second leg is supposed to depart. If you deduct taxiing time and boarding time limit, you have barely 30min to pass security and get to your next gate.

If your first flight lands late, an EK agent will be waiting for you to rush you to the next gate.

Still want to 'see a friend' ?
Flight times are gate-to-gate, that includes push back/taxiing and parking.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Flight times are gate-to-gate, that includes push back/taxiing and parking.
Correct, was going to say the same. They're "block" times.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by SXXRXX
I have done it several time:

1- Make sure that you have the longest possible transfer time (easy to do to DOH, with so many flights),
2- When you check-in at LAX, ask for your luggage at DXB (remember that no aircraft will leave ground with your luggage on board, and you not onboard)
3- Fly the sector, and exit DXB with your luggage,
4- Wait for the flights to be no-showed.
5- Fill the refund form, asking a refund. (only after you have taken all the three legs of your tickets)
6- After 24 Hours call EK asking them to be credited the miles for eg: LAX-DXB (in your case)
- I even got lucky enough several time to get a refund of 30-40 USD (after few weeks)

Cheers,.
Great advice but doesn't help OP who already advised that 1. Hasn't happened
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Great advice but doesn't help OP who already advised that 1. Hasn't happened
hand luggage only!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply

I can't wait for them to unload my luggage because I have another flight (separate ticket) from DXB 2h after I land in DXB

My only option is to travel without check-in luggage then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.