Wiki Posts
Search

EU Comp Rules and Stop Over?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:33 am
Original Poster

EU Comp Rules and Stop Over?

Hi Guys,

I am flying to BHX-DBX-Stay Over a Day-ISB and then on return, KHI-DBX-BHX my question is on the return I can choose to either select KHI to BHX, it shows a stop over but does not show an early morning flight while if I do it as separate legs it shows the morning flight at no cost.

I was thinking one shows a stop over and would say duration of flight 16 hours where as other will show 3 and 7 hours. I was wondering if the flight got delayed would I be entitled to claim as if my flight was the 16 hour duration flight.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your post is not very clear, but I presume that you are referring to delay/cancellation compensation under EC 261/2004 and are asking about how flight times are calculated. I am not sure that it matters as it is about the return KHI-BHX. If this is not correct, please advise.

As EK is a non-EU carrier and both KHI and DBX are outside the EU, EC 261/2004 will not apply to the return and you will not be able to claim anything under that Regulation under any circumstance.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I don't think duration of flight is relevant to compensation, only duration of delay and distance of flight. However as Often1 mentioned for a flight outbound from DXB (not DBX!) there is never any compensation. As EK is a non-EU carrier only compensation on routes FROM the EU would qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.