FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   First in first (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1792730-first-first.html)

DYKWIA Sep 27, 2016 9:47 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 27270326)
:D

#thestruggleisreal

See you in just over a week at a champagne brunch after your F class flight to Dubai :D

Poor me :)

I literally will be after a weekend in Dubai...

Sealink Sep 27, 2016 10:21 am

I am also going my first ever EK flight and its in F.
Can't wait! All the way to Sydney...

My travel agent booked me using QF flight numbers as there was a big difference in fare, will this impact tier points earning?

m3red Sep 27, 2016 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 27270526)
I am also going my first ever EK flight and its in F.
Can't wait! All the way to Sydney...

My travel agent booked me using QF flight numbers as there was a big difference in fare, will this impact tier points earning?

Yes you won't earn Ek tier miles.

mklions Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Thanks again for all the replies, on the second leg we are traveling first on a triple 7, but after drinking all that fine wine and eating all the gourmet food on offer I guess we will be sleeping most of way down to Cape Town.

One last thing we only have a one hour fifty minute time frame between landing at Dubai and leaving Dubai for our flight down to Cape Town, if we go straight to the lounge will we have enough time to enjoy the full lounge facilities in Dubai?
Regards,
Mklions

DYKWIA Sep 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by mklions (Post 27271391)
One last thing we only have a one hour fifty minute time frame between landing at Dubai and leaving Dubai for our flight down to Cape Town, if we go straight to the lounge will we have enough time to enjoy the full lounge facilities in Dubai?
Regards,
Mklions

That's not a long time, especially if you need to get from Concourse A to B or C. Or vice versa. By the time you get off the plane, go through security and get to the new gate, you may get 30 minutes if you're lucky.

Sealink Sep 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 27270792)
Yes you won't earn Ek tier miles.

And according to Qantas I won't earn status miles either. That can't be right?

Saltire74 Sep 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 27272156)
And according to Qantas I won't earn status miles either. That can't be right?

Put your BAEC number in. If booked as QF flights, you might get some BA TP's and Avios (although not 100% sure). Have a look on the BA forum. If I'm reading correctly on there, you should get enough TP's to get to qualify you for BA Silver (as long as you have the 4 BA flights completed within your tier collection year) and a chunk of Avios.

And most importantly, enjoy your first First on EK.

Safe & Happy Travels

Sealink Sep 29, 2016 3:08 am

Thanks, have added my Exec Card number. Might get me to Gold...

Sealink Oct 8, 2016 8:54 am

Another question, what lounge at Heathrow will I have access to?

According to QF website it's BA! Which just seems so odd as I'm flying EK.

eternaltransit Oct 8, 2016 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 27319681)
Another question, what lounge at Heathrow will I have access to?

According to QF website it's BA! Which just seems so odd as I'm flying EK.

At LHR you use the lounge of the operating carrier - as you are flying F on EK, you will have access to the EK lounge.

Sealink Oct 8, 2016 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 27320154)
At LHR you use the lounge of the operating carrier - as you are flying F on EK, you will have access to the EK lounge.

There is a distinct lack of clarity from both EK and QF with my booking.
I don't earn tier points from either EK or QF, and QF website directs me to the BA Lounge.
I thought that was odd.

Wish I'd stuck to BA and I am not even on the plane.

offtothehills Oct 8, 2016 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 27321588)

Hey - good luck with BA - have a wee look at the forum on FT - such a happy bunch!

However, I agree, that there is lack of clarity with TP's and lounge access.

ft101 Oct 8, 2016 11:00 pm

I don't earn tier points from either EK or QF.

Which FF number have you put in your booking? That could affect what points you're seeing.

eternaltransit Oct 9, 2016 5:23 am

There is a distinct lack of clarity from both EK and QF with my booking.
I don't earn tier points from either EK or QF, and QF website directs me to the BA Lounge.
I thought that was odd.

To earn EK tier miles, the flight needs an EK code (EK or QF metal)
To earn or BA tier points or QF status points, the flight needs a QF code (EK or QF metal).

Usually at any station covered by the EK/QF agreement (so, e.g. LAX is not included) you can use the EK or QF lounge if you are on either carrier's metal, but at LHR there is an exception where you must use the operating carrier's lounge.

EK.Platinum.ZA Oct 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Enjoy the experience, it's awesome the 1st time.

My advice is rather get window seats opposed to the middle adjoining seats. This goes for both the A380 & the 777-300

Also, regardless of which gate you fly from in DXB, use the first class lounge located by the "A Gates" - much nicer than the others. As you enter the lounge past reception, you can turn left or right - they're almost a mirror image, but turn left, better overall.
There's a "quiet lounge" with recliner sleepers if you need a kip.
If you intend showering in the lounge, get the attendant to write your name in their list when you arrive so you're 1st in the queue when you're ready to shower.

Lastly, they serve HAGEN DAZS ice cream in the lounge on request.

All the best