Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Business Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Emirates Business Rewards

Any Emirates Business Rewards members here?

I've been surprised by the apparent low value of the program. Spend US$10k, earn 10,000 Business Rewards points which are identical in value to 10,000 Skywards points. Value is not zero, of course, but it feels quite low compared to what competing small business programs offer. Hoping I'm missing something.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yes, complete waste of time. 2 years and I'm at about 6k points and points don't post automatically 90% of the time.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

My biggest puzzle is how Emirates thinks this is a competitive offering.

Compare Delta SkyBonus. There, I earn 30 points per dollar for non-hub level 1 tickets (including all levels of business class). So a $6k US-India business class r/t (a market where Delta and Emirates competee) yields 180,000 SkyBonus points. Do that 4.5 times and I earn 800,000 points needed for a DeltaOne redemption US-India (on DL/AF/KL/AZ).

Now let's look at Emirates. One point per dollar. BOS-DEL costs 160,000 Business Rewards points. So if I'm paying $6k r/t, a pretty standard fare, I have to fly 27 round trips. Furthermore, the redemption incurs carrier-imposed fees so it's a less valuable redemption.

Certainly Emirates enjoys a favorable brand, and Delta not so much. But to offer one sixth the earn/burn speed -- it just doesn't add up. I don't understand how Emirates even thought it added up.

The problem, I think, is the Business Rewards redemption chart. The Emirates Miles Calculator tool offers options for redeeming Skyward Miles versus Business Rewards Miles. Yet the number of miles earned is identical. That's unusual -- competing small business programs usually embrace that the business currency is different from the regular ffp currency, including different redemption levels. Emirates is well positioned to implement this. Wish they'd give it another look.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bedelman
My biggest puzzle is how Emirates thinks this is a competitive offering.

Compare Delta SkyBonus. There, I earn 30 points per dollar for non-hub level 1 tickets (including all levels of business class). So a $6k US-India business class r/t (a market where Delta and Emirates competee) yields 180,000 SkyBonus points. Do that 4.5 times and I earn 800,000 points needed for a DeltaOne redemption US-India (on DL/AF/KL/AZ).

Now let's look at Emirates. One point per dollar. BOS-DEL costs 160,000 Business Rewards points. So if I'm paying $6k r/t, a pretty standard fare, I have to fly 27 round trips. Furthermore, the redemption incurs carrier-imposed fees so it's a less valuable redemption.

Certainly Emirates enjoys a favorable brand, and Delta not so much. But to offer one sixth the earn/burn speed -- it just doesn't add up. I don't understand how Emirates even thought it added up.

The problem, I think, is the Business Rewards redemption chart. The Emirates Miles Calculator tool offers options for redeeming Skyward Miles versus Business Rewards Miles. Yet the number of miles earned is identical. That's unusual -- competing small business programs usually embrace that the business currency is different from the regular ffp currency, including different redemption levels. Emirates is well positioned to implement this. Wish they'd give it another look.
I saw something about them shortening crediting to 14 days and other improvements. We can only hope that they are looking at it and will improve over the next 12 months or so
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:26 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes, complete waste of time. 2 years and I'm at about 6k points and points don't post automatically 90% of the time.
They never credit automatically unless you book directly on the site whilst logged in.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
I am memebr too i collected some 30k points redemption is very difficult for upgrades and reward travel is complete waste ??

can anyone help me to show me the way to burn 30k points??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.