Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Lounge access for Business Class

I may be flying Emirates for the first time, and taking Business Class.

I have Skywards Blue membership, zero miles at present.

Since I am flying Business Class (paid ticket), I assume I will have access to the lounge at Singapore and Dubai? Also the chauffer drive to an from airport?

Will I be able to bring a guest (travelling on economy class) into the lounge with me? And can he share the ride from the airport (to the same destination)?
Old May 27, 2016, 3:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Seattle1
Since I am flying Business Class (paid ticket), I assume I will have access to the lounge at Singapore and Dubai? Also the chauffer drive to an from airport?
Yes

Will I be able to bring a guest (travelling on economy class) into the lounge with me?
Unfortunately not.

And can he share the ride from the airport (to the same destination)?
Yes - not a problem.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way he can get lounge access? For example, for a fee? I would want to try the lounge, but it's so impolite to leave a friend outside!

Also, not being a priority member myself, can I select my seat online in advance (for Business Class)?
Old May 27, 2016, 3:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way he can get lounge access? For example, for a fee? I would want to try the lounge, but it's so impolite to leave a friend outside!

Also, not being a priority member myself, can I select my seat online in advance (for Business Class)?
The fee would be to upgrade to J unfortunately, or to find a kindly Gold or Platinum member on the flight to guest him in

Everyone can select seats for free online on EK - however some such as bassinet seats are blocked off (you can request by calling in).
Old May 27, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

You fly too much low-cost or in the US

All EK pax regardless of status or class of service can select seats in advance at no cost at any time.

I don't think EK allows pay-in access to their lounges, not really sure. Alternative would be for him to pay for a PP lounge (there is one in SIN, it's ok, I like the samoosas. It's next to the cinema).
Old May 27, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You fly too much low-cost or in the US

All EK pax regardless of status or class of service can select seats in advance at no cost at any time.

And I hope it stays that way. As a Plat, I should favor privileges for the (so-called) "elite". But, I find the seat-preselection reserved to the happy few, or the widespread charged "seat plus" (bulkhead, exit row, duo-seats, etc) quite nasty, although Wall-Street likes it.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
And I hope it stays that way. As a Plat, I should favor privileges for the (so-called) "elite". But, I find the seat-preselection reserved to the happy few, or the widespread charged "seat plus" (bulkhead, exit row, duo-seats, etc) quite nasty, although Wall-Street likes it.
Completely agree.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
re: Sharing the chauffeur ride

It all depends on the individual driver. A year or so back I was travelling on the same day as my son and I asked the driver if my son could take a ride. The driver told me there would be a fee of £40 which I suspect went straight into his back pocket.

According to the chauffeur company, remember this service is not operated by Emirates, you hve to be a Business or First Class passenger to use the chauffeur drive service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.