Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Changing a flight

I will be flying with Emirates for the first time in a few months to the Maldives. I booked an economy seat for my husband and myself. We have decided to extend our vacation in the Maldives by several days and we want to change our return flight.

I know I will have to pay a change fee and whatever the additional cost difference for the new ticket. The problem I am having is booking the exact flights I want.

We want to flight on the exact same flights on our return trip that we currently have booked but just for a few days later. When I go into manage my trip online and select to change the return flight it only gives me 2 options. Those flight times do not work for me and having a 15 hour layover in Dubai I would rather not have. But what I find strange is if I do a dummy booking the flights that I want are available.

I called Emirates to see if someone can help me with this issue and they told me if I was to change my flight Emirates will only give me those 2 options. I don't have an option of picking the flight I want even if its available.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Since I am new to Emirates I have not idea if this sounds right. I am wondering if maybe its a computer glitch. Any suggestions?
Old May 2, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance, Skywards, AirNZ Airpoints, Qantas FF
Those flight times do not work for me and having a 15 hour layover in Dubai I would rather not have
Check with Emirates. You may be eligible for Dubai Connect since you're there for over 8 hours.

what I find strange is if I do a dummy booking the flights that I want are available.
Do you know if your Economy tickets are a Special/Saver/Flexi etc? It may be that restrictions for those tickets apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.